Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players Tweeting their appreciation for Hughton

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Pivotal in him losing his job, from a performance point of view and also him losing the changing room.

No surprise they are keeping a low profile today.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't agree, players have contracts, as do any employees. I'd imagine it's very likely they've been "asked" not to comment on this matter.

Are you seriously suggesting they have a clause in their contract which prohibits them posting a very simple bland message of thanks? Or they have been told to say nothing at all? Biss should expect a fine and a suspension then. I accept they may have “disrepute” clauses but I do not agree simple polite messages are out of bounds.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are you seriously suggesting they have a clause in their contract which prohibits them posting a very simple bland message of thanks? Or they have been told to say nothing at all?

Doubt it - but most likely they have a contract that says they should comply with club policies, and the club have a social media policy which includes 'from time to time we may instruct employees to refrain from posting anything on social media relating to the club, it's employees or it's business......' etc.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just for a thought. He may have got his P45 yesterday evening whilst the players were still there and he said his goodbyes then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Doubt it - but most likely they have a contract that says they should comply with club policies, and the club have a social media policy which includes 'from time to time we may instruct employees to refrain from posting anything on social media relating to the club, it's employees or it's business......' etc.

I agree with this. But my point is more that they will have been told to keep totally quiet about this and are not allowed to post a simple thank you.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Let's have it right, there are players who won't be feeling to clever today. While he ultimately carries the can, they let him down badly on the pitch. Three wins in the last 23 Premier league games is a disgrace, the squad was better than that. No win in the last 9 games is also something Bloom has spoken about, and he's right. In a relegation scrap even teams at the bottom grind out wins against those with less to play for.

There appear to have been dressing room issues, you could see them played out on the pitch against Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff. So many 'must-win' games not just lost, but lost with barely a whimper.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Maty Ryan FB post:

Not the ending we were after, but can’t thank you all enough for the continued support. You fans have always been the cornerstone of the club and we couldn’t have the success on the pitch without you all so thank you.
Finally, shocked to hear of the news of the gaffer this morning. Brought the club success it could only dream of and will always be someone I have the highest respect for through how he conducts himself as a manager and a man. Wish him all the best for the next chapter and thank him for the belief he showed in me.
Now time to switch off and recharge the batteries before we come back even bigger and better next season.

BHA Haywards Heath

Jan 31, 2012
That Maty Ryan one is interesting. Suggests players had no idea it was coming, which may be why we've not see much from them. Ryan doesn't sound happy about it either. Nothing from Duffy seems odd also - he normally likes a bit of twattering.

P.s. not suggesting anyone should or should not be posting on social media - just interested in the reaction from inside the club.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That Maty Ryan one is interesting. Suggests players had no idea it was coming, which may be why we've not see much from them. Ryan doesn't sound happy about it either. Nothing from Duffy seems odd also - he normally likes a bit of twattering.

P.s. not suggesting anyone should or should not be posting on social media - just interested in the reaction from inside the club.

March was out in the park earlier and said he was shocked and Hughton was a brilliant manager to work for.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe they did the old fashioned thing and spoke to him, you know talk, communicated with their mouths not their fingers, does it really matter if they do or don't say anything on social media

Quite.

I have read some extraordinary old bollocks today.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've heard indirectly from Solly too. Staff were emailed beforehand but players found out the same way we all did.

Umm. Really??

Everyone in the company apart from the people most directly affected (the people who were directly managed by Chris) got an email, and the players heard via a Press Release??

That can’t be true, surely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here