Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players Tweeting their appreciation for Hughton

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Fair enough points.

However the same applies to Bruno who received massive heartfelt messages from a heap of players on Instagram and Twitter.

It’s strange that there’s such a big difference in reactions, IMO.

It is easier to wax lyrical over a team mate who is leaving of his own volition, compared to a manager who has been sacked for not being good enough. Too much heartfelt stuff suggests you disagree with the club, too little suggests you're pleased he's gone. And they'll all feel a bit of guilt and remorse... a situation to keep your head down I reckon

DavePage

Maty Ryan FB post:

Not the ending we were after, but can’t thank you all enough for the continued support. You fans have always been the cornerstone of the club and we couldn’t have the success on the pitch without you all so thank you.
Finally, shocked to hear of the news of the gaffer this morning. Brought the club success it could only dream of and will always be someone I have the highest respect for through how he conducts himself as a manager and a man. Wish him all the best for the next chapter and thank him for the belief he showed in me.
Now time to switch off and recharge the batteries before we come back even bigger and better next season.

At least some good news for the good folks on here.....Matt says that he is coming back bigger.....maybe new insoles

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
..... not seen anyone yet!

#together

C'mon lads, this isn't making you look very classy.

Hopefully, I've just not been looking hard enough.

Bissouma, Murray, Kayal, Ryan, Duffy, Knockaert - the most active on social media all did in the end.
Some were desperate to see some message in the timing or volume of them (the ludicrous 'lost the dressing room" said one bit of instant and wrong analysis from *that* other vocal fan site on Twitter when the tweets didn't roll in immediately) but again - its tough reflecting publicly about a manager who has been sacked when you're going to spend the summer worrying about playing for a different one. No surprise there was caution about putting statements on the record.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
At least some good news for the good folks on here.....Matt says that he is coming back bigger.....maybe new insoles

As long as he's not taken a leaf out of the Stockdale book on summer conditioning.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting that Liam Rosenior didn't say anything

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Interesting that Liam Rosenior didn't say anything

As i said. I am not sure why. But People are *very* keen to see things that aren't actually there.

Here's Liam's interview on Chris.

"First and foremost I can only say good things about Chris Hughton. As a manager he's been outstanding wherever he's been and as a person he's had the biggest influence on me in terms of how to conduct yourself as a professional - whether that's as a player, a coach or a manager.
"Whatever he does next he'll be a success.
"In terms of what happened today, it was a sad day for the club and a sad day for the chairman to have to make the decision.

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...peaks-about-chris-hughton-s-sacking-1-8925921

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here