Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players Tweeting their appreciation for Hughton

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Umm. Really??

Everyone in the company apart from the people most directly affected (the people who were directly managed by Chris) got an email, and the players heard via a Press Release??

That can’t be true, surely.

I doubt that everyone in the company got an email beforehand, but the backroom/support staff did.
The players found out along with the fans via Sky/BBC/NSC/Twitter/Text.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Are you seriously suggesting they have a clause in their contract which prohibits them posting a very simple bland message of thanks? Or they have been told to say nothing at all? Biss should expect a fine and a suspension then. I accept they may have “disrepute” clauses but I do not agree simple polite messages are out of bounds.

As has played out, the club may have asked them not to make specific comments about it yes. Of course a simple thanks for everything boss would be OK, but I'm saying the club may have asked for time to get the message out and not to make specific points about previous or potential managers

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Delighted to hear the gaffer has gone. I am the lion who needs to roar. Feed me and I will score.
— Percy Tau (@the_percy_tau) May 14, 2019

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Maty Ryan FB post:

Not the ending we were after, but can’t thank you all enough for the continued support. You fans have always been the cornerstone of the club and we couldn’t have the success on the pitch without you all so thank you.
Finally, shocked to hear of the news of the gaffer this morning. Brought the club success it could only dream of and will always be someone I have the highest respect for through how he conducts himself as a manager and a man. Wish him all the best for the next chapter and thank him for the belief he showed in me.
Now time to switch off and recharge the batteries before we come back even bigger and better next season.

Ryan is class. On Sunday he seemed to be spending loads of time coming off the pitch and shaking people's hands even before the "lap of appreciation".

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ryan is class. On Sunday he seemed to be spending loads of time coming off the pitch and shaking people's hands even before the "lap of appreciation".

He came back out before the lap of appreciation with a few pairs of gloves to give away. By the time he finished he was lucky to escape with his base-layer on.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Umm. Really??

Everyone in the company apart from the people most directly affected (the people who were directly managed by Chris) got an email, and the players heard via a Press Release??

That can’t be true, surely.

I’d be surprised at that too. PB runs too tight a ship for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Players are, in the main, gormless twats. Invariably better they say nothing at all on social media.

Harsh.

In the main, they are young lads plying their trade. They aren’t schooled in the arts of business/media etc.

Let’s not tar them as gormless twats. Leon Best aside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
How often do you think players check their emails? Whereas I bet they're all over Breaking News alerts on Sky Sports.

A text in advance would be the best way to communicate to the players and staff, I'd have thought.
But I don't run a football club.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
He came back out before the lap of appreciation with a few pairs of gloves to give away. By the time he finished he was lucky to escape with his base-layer on.

Lucky for him maybe. I’m sure a few of us would have liked to see that gone too........

941BE329-AF88-4443-85B6-89B343CF454B.jpeg

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Maybe they did the old fashioned thing and spoke to him, you know talk, communicated with their mouths not their fingers, does it really matter if they do or don't say anything on social media

Life isn't always played out on social media FFS!!!

If it's not on twitter, facebook or instagram then it obviously didn't happen :facepalm:

You'd think they have to be a bit careful what they say because BHAFC is still their employer.

Just for a thought. He may have got his P45 yesterday evening whilst the players were still there and he said his goodbyes then?

Fair enough points.

However the same applies to Bruno who received massive heartfelt messages from a heap of players on Instagram and Twitter.

It’s strange that there’s such a big difference in reactions, IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here