Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

0 Not allowed!
    This is ridiculous, it really is, this (as well all know) has NOTHING to do with race.

Ultimately only one man can quell this kind of thing, Chris. If he were to release a statement acknowledging his doubtless massive disappointment re the decision, but reaffirming Brighton as a club with a genuine inclusivity... well... it might help. WIll he, would you?? hmmmmmm I think he may say something at some point, but (regardless) I can't believe he'd be happy that the club are being accused of betraying the under represented demographics in the game and what's more: deliberately.

I'd be very careful even hinting at this if I were in the public eye.

This one could run on for a while... sadly.

Man; this is worse than 'Poyet gate.'
    Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Darren Lewis= massive inferiority complex
      It's not the size of the Cannon, it's the power of the shot.

0 Not allowed!
      Look I think it's a ridiculous statement too.

But..... I think all of us were surprised by the decision. It did seem massively unlikely yesterday that CH would not have been given at least until Christmas to prove what he can do.
      Some people have taken that surprise and added Race into the argument, by asking " If Chris had been white, would he have got longer?" Plenty of people think we should have.
      Tony mayhave to break certain confidentialities and come out and say exactly what his reasoning was. That isn't likely to happen.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Fake controversy. Bozza?

Perfectly legitimate for a lot of people to mourn the departure of a high profile black manager. Doesn’t follow at all they are saying he should be kept on just because he is black.

Of course all the political correctness gone mad Littlejohns on here are lapping it up. Boring
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Amazing. Click through the links and you can see there is no implication of us being discriminatory at all.

It's very odd to react to hyperbole on social media by reacting with hyperbole.
      Troy Townsend seems to be drawing very clear links between Dan Ashworth, the controversy at England and Hughton's sacking.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      I'd be more concerned about the make up of teams like Burnley before crying racist at us
      I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that a town with the recent history of Burnley and a set of fans who openly abuse Bong over a race-related issue are the only ones in the country sending out an all-white squad every single week.

0 Not allowed!
      Ridiculous and very dangerous shite reporting that suggest the club is racist. He should be had up deformation charges, as should every bandwagon journo looking to sell column inches with incendiary racial comments that have no factual basis, just the twisted opinion of c**ts. Utter drivel does not even come close. Next it will be 'revelations' about the heritage of Mr Bloom and his blatantly Zionist approach to the running of our club - cue pics of Palestine bomb craters and old photos of Blooms' grandad with a Union Jack.
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      I’ve thought this for a while but I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that a town with the recent history of Burnley and a set of fans who openly abuse Bong over a race-related issue are the only ones in the country sending out an all-white squad every single week.
      Burnley have 30 first team players
      As far as I can see 7 are non-british or irish
      In that 7 are Nahki Wells and Chris Wood and Vydra who it feels like have been in English football forever.

I can never work out if this is a really nice thing that Dyche clearly prefers british players or weird.
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Troy Townsend seems to be drawing very clear links between Dan Ashworth, the controversy at England and Hughton's sacking.

Troy Townsend needs to be very careful with comments like that.
      Year of the Tiger #WHC Ninja Elephant's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      We wanted the praise for having Hughton in charge, so we have to accept the criticism having now fired him. And you can understand the opinions from outside of the club - on the face of it, it's not a good firing. But those of us who have followed us all season, seen the "performances" and sense the total drop in standards throughout the whole team, it's no surprise.

I suspect that Hughton's, "we're lucky to be playing at this level" repeated mantra hasn't helped either. Last season we were happy to be here, playing at a new level, etc. This season, however, we've built a quality team. We have good players all over the pitch but the tactics have been a joke, the team has gone backwards and individuals are not performing anywhere near their potential because they're being used out of natural position. I'm sorry to see Hughton leave, but there's no hint of anything other than footballing reasons for the decision to fire him.

1 Not allowed!
      I don't really know how angry to feel about this. It's so ridiculous and so clearly not true that I mostly feel embarassment for anyone who would suggest it.
      - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -