Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sacking Hughton and racial implications

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
What the hell are you on about??
Are you going to count Paul Ince and John Barnes and claim they should be counted in BAME representation because they have managed in the past? Of course when looking at BAME representation in the league you only look at those employed.
And to answer your question - yes I will be happy if he takes over at West Brom. Would be happier if far more clubs appointed BAME managers.

Personally I would be happier if clubs appointed on merit, not colour of the skin... encourage more minority coaches by all means, but don’t employ because of colour!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
What the hell are you on about??
Are you going to count Paul Ince and John Barnes and claim they should be counted in BAME representation because they have managed in the past? Of course when looking at BAME representation in the league you only look at those employed.
And to answer your question - yes I will be happy if he takes over at West Brom. Would be happier if far more clubs appointed BAME managers.

What rule book of BAME definitions are you looking at? CH is a football manager, available, competent and soon to at the helm of another club. Why would you not include him? Clinging onto this after KIO has already doused the flames of ignorance is just plain stupid. BAME issues need to be addressed, but our decision to let CH go is not a BAME issue, that's why they have UNRESERVEDLY APOLOGISED.

If BAME or KIO want to drive racial diversity & inclusion among clubs and the FA the last thing they need is for morons to vilify clubs who do embrace these qualities. Hence the UNRESERVED APOLOGY.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
What rule book of BAME definitions are you looking at? CH is a football manager, available, competent and soon to at the helm of another club. Why would you not include him? Clinging onto this after KIO has already doused the flames of ignorance is just plain stupid. BAME issues need to be addressed, but our decision to let CH go is not a BAME issue, that's why they have UNRESERVEDLY APOLOGISED.

If BAME or KIO want to drive racial diversity & inclusion among clubs and the FA the last thing they need is for morons to vilify clubs who do embrace these qualities. Hence the UNRESERVED APOLOGY.

Again because you cannot seem to read - I DID NOT AT ANY TIME SAID BRIGHTON OR WEST BROM SACKED THEIR MANAGERS BECAUSE OF COLOUR.
What I have said and which you seem to constantly deny is that a reduction of BAME managers in the Premier league and a reduction f working BAME managers overall is a blow to BAME representation. Which IT IS.

I said from my very first post on this thread that the accusation that Brighton sacked Hughton for any reason linked to race was disgusting - why do you constantly try to link me to this viewpoint.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Personally I would be happier if clubs appointed on merit, not colour of the skin... encourage more minority coaches by all means, but don’t employ because of colour!

100% agree. I do not want to see managers appointed due to colour at all.
However given the the % of BAME managers is so low compared to the % of BAME players I believe that if managers are appointed on merit alone there should be more BAME managers overall. Hopefully there will be in the future.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Darren Lewis gobbing off on Sky again and a circle jerk in support from the other uncomfortable, white journalists. It is without doubt an abysmal situation with the lack of BAME representation at high levels but using this as call to arms is just plain wrong. His main thrust was how harshly Troy Townsend was dealt with as he in no way was inferring that the sacking was due to race. I must have missed his other statements about the sacking of non BAME managers as "shabby" and "staggering" and being at worse than square one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here