Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sacking Hughton and racial implications

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Indeed, but this is sadly how the world works today. There will be worse to come as CH was sacked by a JEW. BHA hang your head in shame: you've allowed yourselves to become a Zionist tool. The oppression of the Palestinian people will continue all the while Israeli agents are allowed to operate in British football.

I wouldn't be suprised of George Soros wasn't behind this. :moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tiresome and actually insulting to insinuate that CH's sacking was anything whatsoever to do with race. Some people REALLY can't see beyond the colour of someone's skin can they. It wouldn't even occur to any right-minded person that this was a "racially motivated" move by Bloom.

He should consider getting the lawyers out.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Brighton have had BAME managers for both the mens and womens team until today. It also has a high number of LGBT residents, a Green MP and is quite possible the least likely place in the world to find a racist chairman.

West Brom were the first club to have 3 black players and have had players of ethnic origin ever since.

Accusing either one of those clubs of racism is borderline scandalous in my view. There are other clubs where race has been an issue (Everton for example had white only players until 1994) but to bark up these 2 trees is lazy and irresponsible.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I have a dream that football managers will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by their results on the pitch.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Hope Powell, our ladies manager is black. George Parris, Technical Director of our girls academy, is black. Liam Rosenior, assistant coach of U23's, is black. And until yesterday, so was our first team manager, for four and a half years.

All were appointed by Bloom. If he was racist its unlikely he'd have appointed any of them in the first place.

But I see their disappointment. He was a trailblazer, he was proving that black people can manage in the premier league. And now he's been sacked and the implication is that he failed, he can no longer be pointed to as an example of what black people can do. I understand their pain, but lashing out like this doesn't do them any favours. Being sacked is part of the territory of being a football manager.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So black managers are unsackable? What a load of bollocks.

If they were they would never be employed in the first place, petty journalism but in this day and age inevitable

D

Deleted member 22389

Let them think what they like, it's pathetic and a waste of energy. Chris was just Chris, a decent man, excellent footballer and manager, who unfortunately had a bad set of results and doesn't fit with our plans going forward, it's as simple as that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There ARE no racial implications IMHO. Just the traditional sacking of a manager on the back of a piss poor string of results. Is CH supposed to be patronised with special treatment? Pretty sure that's the last thing he'd want.

What it highlights is there literally is no longer any long term loyalty in football whatsoever, even if it was a stretch to suggest there still was.

I kind of saw Hughton as a beacon of some forgotten, perhaps rose tinted verson of football where longevity meant loyalty, stability and acceptance of a ride along the way. That a half season blip didn't inevitably mean a sacking, even when relegation is avoided, I feel we are just another football club like any other. I thought we were a bit different, that the football isn't actually the be all and end all of a football club, that managers, players and staff that get the club are more important than simply getting the club to a different place.

I don't know, I feel like the rest of the footballing world is looking in, and we're just another Premier League team with entitled fans and impatient owner with unreasonable expectations on what constitutes enough failure to warrant a sacking.

I suppose this is it though. The journey. From Hereford to here. We're where we battled to be, I guess.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What it highlights is there literally is no longer any long term loyalty in football whatsoever, even if it was a stretch to suggest there still was.

I kind of saw Hughton as a beacon of some forgotten, perhaps rose tinted verson of football where longevity meant loyalty, stability and acceptance of a ride along the way. That a half season blip didn't inevitably mean a sacking, even when relegation is avoided, I feel we are just another football club like any other. I thought we were a bit different, that the football isn't actually the be all and end all of a football club, that managers, players and staff that get the club are more important than simply getting the club to a different place.

I don't know, I feel like the rest of the footballing world is looking in, and we're just another Premier League team with entitled fans and impatient owner with unreasonable expectations on what constitutes enough failure to warrant a sacking.

I suppose this is it though. The journey. From Hereford to here. We're where we battled to be, I guess.

There is no room for rose-tinted viewing in the Premier League it is ruthless and all about results which were poor in 2019 so far

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So if West Brom hire Hughton are the 'Race Lobby' going to praise the same club they lambasted for sacking Moore?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Honestly these people undo all the great work done by coming out with this shit.

At times Brighton played the worst football in the league
In a death spiral and stayed up by 2 points
Wasted a lot of money - not all on CH

What has that got to do with race?

Part of the problem with racism in football is down to these jokers.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Get the lawyers in. Kick it Out should be looking a bit closer to home it would seem.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I haven't got a problem with journalists/pundits/ex-players/administrators fighting for BAME managers getting as fair chance - but this is just totally the wrong target. What about for the last four and a half years when Brighton were one of the only clubs to have one, has that been forgotten in a few hours? It's like in a moment of anger over Hughton's sacking (the real reasons for which they are ignorant of) they have turned their agenda-driven guns on the club.

It isn't Brighton's fault that there are so few other BAME managers and head coaches around. And any suggestion that Bloom is a racist, I would suggest, might well be met with legal action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here