Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sacking Hughton and racial implications

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
And yet Hughton is being touted for an immediate return to Moore’s old club. If he does the percentage increased by goes up massively. The issue is the low starting base, not the movement within it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. But even if he does get the WBA job do you not think the fact BAME managers would have fallen from 4 to 3 (and only 1 in the top division) is a blow to representation?
(Naylor's tweet which I was originally talking about was simply pointing this out and I think his tweet is very different to the other 2)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree. But even if he does get the WBA job do you not think the fact BAME managers would have fallen from 4 to 3 (and only 1 in the top division) is a blow to representation?
(Naylor's tweet which I was originally talking about was simply pointing this out and I think his tweet is very different to the other 2)

I think race had nothing to do with Hughton or Moore getting sacked. I think that focussing on race every time a BAME manager gets sacked misses the point and puts off other BAME potential coaches from doing their badges. It’s a blow to representation if that’s what you want to focus on but I’d rather be putting the efforts in to having people like CH and Rosenior encourage good young BAME players with their heads screwed on to get their badges and start knocking on doors.

Until the pool of potential recruits increases it’s easy for lazy chairmen to stick to the same old names.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I think race had nothing to do with Hughton or Moore getting sacked. I think that focussing on race every time a BAME manager gets sacked misses the point and puts off other BAME potential coaches from doing their badges. It’s a blow to representation if that’s what you want to focus on but I’d rather be putting the efforts in to having people like CH and Rosenior encourage good young BAME players with their heads screwed on to get their badges and start knocking on doors.

Until the pool of potential recruits increases it’s easy for lazy chairmen to stick to the same old names.

Which is what Andy Naylor said. My point was I agreed with his tweet not the other two which were simply offensive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Andros Townsend’s dad talked inflammatory utter garbage, leading to an apology by Kick It Out.

21449543-75DF-490B-A444-33FEDE6749E7.png

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
When you start the season with 4 BAME managers and by the end of the season it s down to 2 of course that is a blow to BAME representation.
Losing 50% of Premier League BAME managers is also a blow to BAME representation.

That's not to say the managers should not have been sacked (they were clearly both sacked for football reasons) but clearly the percentage of BAME managers going down is a blow.

No it's not. No BAME manager has been 'lost'. CH is "STILL A FOOTBALL MANAGER!", or did we take away all his qualifications and send him a desert island?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
No it's not. No BAME manager has been 'lost'. CH is "STILL A FOOTBALL MANAGER!", or did we take away all his qualifications and send him a desert island?

He is not (currently) employed as a football manager. Therefore BAME representation in management in England has been reduced.
BAME representation in the Premier League has also been reduced.
If you can't see that having less BAME managers managing is a blow to BAME representation than quite frankly you need help.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Apologies if this has already been covered, not had time to read all the thousands of posts since CH departure. TB to take legal action for defamation against the KIO campaign..... blimey.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
He is not (currently) employed as a football manager. Therefore BAME representation in management in England has been reduced.
If you can't see that having less BAME managers managing is a blow to BAME representation than quite frankly you need help.

I think you need help if you can't understand that CH is being treated exactly the same as any other football manager, of any other colour. To suggest that there is a problem with the sacking of CH in respect to race (BAME) is bollocks. Which is why KIO have unreservedly apologised for suggesting it was. Movement in and out of football clubs is part of being a football manager, drop the race agenda pal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Andros Townsend’s dad talked inflammatory utter garbage, leading to an apology by Kick It Out.

View attachment 109628

New there’d be some sort of scum link to this bizarre story. Tinpot twats. Look at your own club doctor situation and goalkeeper before you go throwing mud.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Apologies if this has already been covered, not had time to read all the thousands of posts since CH departure. TB to take legal action for defamation against the KIO campaign..... blimey.

Not heard that - is that fact?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Is he? I didn't see that. got a link to that story?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
New there’d be some sort of scum link to this bizarre story. Tinpot twats. Look at your own club doctor situation and goalkeeper before you go throwing mud.

Wow, didn't realise Troy was related to Andros. Its all making sense now. So glad the club acted, just so unfair and beyond ridiculous...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He'll be a manager again, very soon I expect, unless club chairmen have been put off by the fallout that we are receiving.

KIO have scored a huge own goal for a very worthy campaign.

:nono:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I think you need help if you can't understand that CH is being treated exactly the same as any other football manager, of any other colour. To suggest that there is a problem with the sacking of CH in respect to race (BAME) is bollocks. Which is why KIO have unreservedly apologised for suggesting it was. Movement in and out of football clubs is part of being a football manager, drop the race agenda pal.

Think you need to go back and read what I have said in my posts.
I fully agreed from my first post on this topic that the sacking of CH had nothing to do with race. I have NEVER suggested it was
However it is undoubtedly a blow to BAME representation. This is what Naylor tweeted (see original post)
My point was that Naylor's tweet was factually accurate and should not have been lumped in with the other two tweets which were disgraceful.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
He'll be a manager again, very soon I expect, unless club chairmen have been put off by the fallout that we are receiving.

KIO have scored a huge own goal for a very worthy campaign.

:nono:

Fully agree and I have never defended KIO's tweets or their actions over this.
However I still believe that the fact their are now less BAME managers in the Premier League (and in lower leagues) is a real blow to BAME representation.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Fully agree and I have never defended KIO's tweets or their actions over this.
However I still believe that the fact their are now less BAME managers in the Premier League (and in lower leagues) is a real blow to BAME representation.

Sooooo, you'll be happy when he takes over at WBA and 25% of BAME representation is restored? Will they be able to employ him though? Now he's not a football manager.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Sooooo, you'll be happy when he takes over at WBA and 25% of BAME representation is restored? Will they be able to employ him though? Now he's not a football manager.

What the hell are you on about??
Are you going to count Paul Ince and John Barnes and claim they should be counted in BAME representation because they have managed in the past? Of course when looking at BAME representation in the league you only look at those employed.
And to answer your question - yes I will be happy if he takes over at West Brom. Would be happier if far more clubs appointed BAME managers.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Is he? I didn't see that. got a link to that story?

I heard he was incandescent with rage about the racial accusations, and he’s a bloke who normally would not display such strength of feeling, emotion and anger outwardly. I’m honestly not sure if the back pedalling by the complete muppets at KIO has done enough to stop this in its tracks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here