Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sacking Hughton and racial implications

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Regrettably accusations of racial discrimination pretty nearly always go with the territory when it comes to sacking people of colour, irrespective of the validity of the reasons for their dismissal. CH is not the first manager, irrespective of skin colour, to be sacked after a string of bad results and will not be the last.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's topical satire. You are allowed to get your knickers in a twist or not. Your choice.

Finding something distasteful is not getting my knickers in a twist. I won’t be screaming for a policeman, so carry on if you find it amusing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Finding something distasteful is not getting my knickers in a twist. I won’t be screaming for a policeman

As you were then.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This quote and the last sentence in the article suggest that there were divisions behind the scenes

There were suggestions that training drills prioritised defence to the extent that Brighton’s attackers felt alienated.

Sounds similar to the David Burke Poyet scenario with one undermining the other, only Ashworth is qualified and Hughton is a gent.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Nonsense

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's topical satire. You are allowed to get your knickers in a twist or not. Your choice.

It looks like a racist statement, whether you intend it or not.

As I said, it's not a good look for Albion fans.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It looks like a racist statement, whether you intend it or not.

As I said, it's not a good look for Albion fans.

Erm, that's the point. Did you see the title of the thread?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

And when it is plastered all over Twitter in about ten minutes, how will it look then? Just take it down FFS.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
And when it is plastered all over Twitter in about ten minutes, how will it look then? Just take it down FFS.

Nope.

But it's nice that you think I've got such influence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here