Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An exciting new chapter

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People who did not perform under CH might flourish under any new regime. We did not sign them because they were rubbish.

Not sure I agree. I’m of the belief that Locadia was signed purely for shits and giggles. Was he really signed as he is a good player?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wouldn’t get your hopes up unless Simon Rusk or Dean Wilkins get the job

We'll see.

As it happens, this morning I got up and went for a walk before work. I listened to the recent Albion Roar show with the Paul Barber interview (Hughton had already been sacked but I didn't know it, I only found that out when I got back to the house and looked through my instagram feed).

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that Barber made a couple of points; specifically, that Tony was spending 4-5 million a year on the academy and "..you do want young players to come through.." and that Dan Ashworth "..has got a great track record of encouraging coaches at all levels, of international football as well as in his role in club football, to do just that..."

I would be amazed - AMAZED - if the new manager didn't have a willingness to play (and probably a proven track record of playing) young, emerging talent.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Ashworth will absolutely know Max Sanders and he will already have an extremely good idea if any of the Academy players (Connoly, Gyokeres etc) have what it takes to make it into our first team. It'll be interesting to see what happens with retained lists and whether the Hughton situation, and his replacement, flushes out any senior-player discontent and subsequent transfer requests.

D

Deleted member 2719

We'll see.

As it happens, this morning I got up and went for a walk before work. I listened to the recent Albion Roar show with the Paul Barber interview (Hughton had already been sacked but I didn't know it, I only found that out when I got back to the house and looked through my instagram feed).

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that Barber made a couple of points; specifically, that Tony was spending 4-5 million a year on the academy and "..you do want young players to come through.." and that Dan Ashworth "..has got a great track record of encouraging coaches at all levels, of international football as well as in his role in club football, to do just that..."

I would be amazed - AMAZED - if the new manager didn't have a willingness to play (and probably a proven track record of playing) young, emerging talent.

Yes, bring Wendy back home.:clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here