Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Were the club right to sack Chris Hughton now?

Were the club right to sack Chris Hughton now?

• Yes

Votes: 364 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 134 26.9%

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I woke up thinking it might happen.
Feels right. Why send him away on a break if they've made their mind up?
Certainly not right to sack him before yesterday IMHO.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did yes but feel terrible for doing so. I love you Chris.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, but it should have been announced as a mutual termination. I think sacking him is harsh and I'd like to think that there was more of a conversation which preceded it. It's a sad end for a legendary manager of our club, but ultimately it's right that it's happened. We need to get working quickly on building the squad for next season and it's important to have a manager in place ASAP.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
tenor.gif

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It’s a tough question to answer because we are not party to all that goes on.

To me it looks fickle and we will never know if Chris improves it all next season, with 2 or 3 new signings and U23s players emerging.

So No it was wrong in my eyes, seems poor loyalty to someone who has done so much, and brought a lot of money into the club.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Thinking logically it was the right time for both the club and the man. Timed perfectly.

New manager has the Summer to get a grip on the transfers, the squad and his thoughts together - and CH has time to do the same at a new club if he wishes.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Yes as well - but also with great reluctance.

Also a bit worried about being careful what you wish for. If we bring in another Semi, this poll may come back to haunt a few of us.....

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
With a heavy heart, yes! Fabulous manager and by all accounts a fabulous guy but the cuts will and have gone deeper then just CH!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
As it’s poll season can anyone advise how to vote on Tapatalk mobile ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
And we want replace him with an unknown who finished 10 in the championship????

Stupid decision imo. Relegation beckons next season.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think overall the board showed huge restraint following the Bournemouth mauling and the Cardiff (awful) no show... the writing was on the wall, no matter how hard it was/is to read it, it read: Chris, you're time is up! It's still a massive shock though :(

For me he seemed to had lost faith in his own ability to pick a winning side, consequently the players lost faith in him and the energy levels dropped to near critical levels... I think the players actually chose to save the club from relegation and Chris was a bit of a passenger towards the end... just a theory.

Ultimately we were pretty dire for way too long for it to be called a 'blip.'

It's sad really, genuinely... but it is a results based business and they have been nowhere near good enough for quite some time.

One thing is certain: Chris is a true gent and a very good manager for many reason's... he'll be back, refreshed, I'm sure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, but it should have been announced as a mutual termination. I think sacking him is harsh and I'd like to think that there was more of a conversation which preceded it. It's a sad end for a legendary manager of our club, but ultimately it's right that it's happened. We need to get working quickly on building the squad for next season and it's important to have a manager in place ASAP.

I agree with this, the timing was correct

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yes, but perhaps ask me again this time next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here