Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Talksport (YES I KNOW)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I noticed, I think it was Frankfurt last week, had not one black outfield player.

Great observation

This reminds me of a guy who sat behind me in the Withdean era.

In a random minute he just piped up out of nowhere:

"EIGHT"
"Eight what John?"
"They have EIGHT black players."

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The view that has made my blood boil this morning was that of John Barnes.

Apparently if CH was white he would have had more time to turn things round in his view.

Right, so despite the fact we not only had one, but two BAME managers (one of course being the excellent and still employed Hope Powell), backed Bong when he claimed to receive racial abuse and even sent an email about zero tolerance towards bigotry, Tony sacked someone because ‘he was black’?

Barnes can go do one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’d have a fair bet our next boss will be a Head Coach - not a Manager. That’s probably one reason. Hughton is in the latter school. Can see us going to a system where Ashworth has overall control of the football side of the club.
If that happens, that would explain it. But Poyet didn't have total control, and we changed it so that Chris did, and Barber explained how that was a step forward. Weird if we're going backwards.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well, it's true.
Look at Darren Moore.

Moore was sacked - I am reliably informed - because Graeme Jones took the Luton managers job for next year and Moore was asked to remove him because he had done all this behind the boards back. Moore refused so they sacked the pair of them. West Brom then won 3 straight games.The narrative that they lost form immediately and are a bunch of racists is as accurate for West Brom as it is for us.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The view that has made my blood boil this morning was that of John Barnes.

Apparently if CH was white he would have had more time to turn things round in his view.

That's what he said albeit in a subtle manner. Could not believe it and shouted loudly at the ****. To suggest that race had any part in this decision was ludicrous and smacked of pushing an agenda where there was none.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I didn’t realise our club’s fortunes is dictated by the colour of the managers skin?

Who ever this Troy Townsend is, he clearly doesn’t know much about football let alone BHAFC.

Troy, you’ve made an arse of yourself there mate...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That's what he said albeit in a subtle manner. Could not believe it and shouted loudly at the ****. To suggest that race had any part in this decision was ludicrous and smacked of pushing an agenda where there was none.

I’m glad someone else saw it, as to be honest I couldn’t believe it and thought I was hearing things.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Could it be that clubs are now going to be more wary of employing non white managers because of Barnes etc comments? We all know it’s a hire and fire job and Chris has lasted a lot longer than most which seems to have escaped Townsend, Barnes etc. But if you STILL get condemned even so...?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Could it be that clubs are now going to be more wary of employing non white managers because of Barnes etc comments? We all know it’s a hire and fire job and Chris has lasted a lot longer than most which seems to have escaped Townsend, Barnes etc. But if you STILL get condemned even so...?

Well that’s the problem if this is an agenda that is pursued everytime a BAME manager loses their job.

It is bringing race into play when it isn’t at all, whether you believe CH should have stayed or gone I don’t believe anyone can question why he was sacked. A record of 3 wins in 23 certainly gives consideration to being sacked even if you think it was the right decision or not.

To bring race into this is what is going to set everything back to square one as that guy claims.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
No BAME managers in the Championship? Credit to Hughton, he tried to change that....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Moore was sacked - I am reliably informed - because Graeme Jones took the Luton managers job for next year and Moore was asked to remove him because he had done all this behind the boards back. Moore refused so they sacked the pair of them. West Brom then won 3 straight games.The narrative that they lost form immediately and are a bunch of racists is as accurate for West Brom as it is for us.

Hmm. Rather conveniently removes the black manager of the club, following their backing for Jay Rodriguez.
No doubt appointing CH will be next. "Look at how inclusive we are". Nothing to do with him being the best Championship manager out there of course.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well that’s the problem if this is an agenda that is pursued everytime a BAME manager loses their job.

It is bringing race into play when it isn’t at all, whether you believe CH should have stayed or gone I don’t believe anyone can question why he was sacked. A record of 3 wins in 23 certainly gives consideration to being sacked even if you think it was the right decision or not.

To bring race into this is what is going to set everything back to square one as that guy claims.

I wish someone in this country gets sued for calling someone or something racist when it clearly isn’t. It’s got way out of hand in this country and kills any sensible debate. Troy Townsend should be ashamed of his comments which are damned right irresponsible and emotionally (anger) ladened. The prick probably doesn’t even know Hope Powell is our other manager...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cant use the search facility properly but somebody on one of these thread about our next manager said about how well he had performed at Macclesfield and it would have been noted by clubs higher up the ladder. I am sure somebody can find it.
I can't say I follow Macclesfield's fortunes in detail, but they finished 22nd out of 24 in the bottom league. What exactly did he do so well?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Anyone trying to spin a racist line on this is clearly just a **** stirrer , has nothing to do with race , religion or beliefs its to do with results & lack of them , end of.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can't say I follow Macclesfield's fortunes in detail, but they finished 22nd out of 24 in the bottom league. What exactly did he do so well?

Because they were favourites to get relegated back to the National League. I do not take any interest but read it on here as somebody suggested he could be for us.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If that happens, that would explain it. But Poyet didn't have total control, and we changed it so that Chris did, and Barber explained how that was a step forward. Weird if we're going backwards.

Can't see how it's going backwards given Ashworth's success at club and international level. We didn't have him back then. Whether it's a good decision, only time will tell but if you get someone in with his reputation, there's not much point unless you back his judgement. Pivotal moment for the club, for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here