Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New strike force coming!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No prospective manager would be attracted by being told that GM would be their main attacking option now would they?

The times they are a changing.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It's necessary, we need to start next season with players other than Glenn as first choice striker. He's done great with 25 goals in 2 years but we've got to become a more dynamic attacking team on the break with some pace up front if we are to survive next season

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I would be surprised if we don't bring in a new Striker or two - however if I was the incoming manager I would be very happy about having a player like Glenn in the squad. 35 years old and still got 10-15 goals in him. Absolute pro and a gentleman. Most importantly younger players will benefit from his experience. I've already noticed Andone and Locadia utilising the Dark Arts which they have clearly learned from him.

Personally I hope we play a 4-4-2 next season with Glenn still playing regularly as part of a front 2.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
An Andone - Mitrovic partnership would definately cause a few problems next season. We would need Murray for backup as they would both spend a fair amount of the season on suspensions.

They certainly would cause problems............to our card count.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the back room movement is in the recruiting arm.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Locadia needs to go and need two new strikers in. Murray will be great to have as an impact sub but that should be it. Andone is still unproven and has suspect temperament that could lead to silly red cards. No doubt is that we need some pace and I would prefer we play two upfront.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Locadia needs to go and need two new strikers in. Murray will be great to have as an impact sub but that should be it. Andone is still unproven and has suspect temperament that could lead to silly red cards. No doubt is that we need some pace and I would prefer we play two upfront.
Have to disagree Locadia looks like the best finisher at the club, never had a run at the position he was signed for all very strange. No need to play Murray yesterday Locadia or Andone should of started.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hope Locadia goes as don’t think he’s up to it personally .

Suspect new manager will want to look at everyone though so I doubt he or AJ will get moved on .

Would like to see another 2 come in . ( 1 being a proven player from one of Europe’s main leagues )

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Have to disagree Locadia looks like the best finisher at the club, never had a run at the position he was signed for all very strange. No need to play Murray yesterday Locadia or Andone should of started.

Must be the drugs...

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I'd be happy with Andone playing off GM or a GM type character.

I'm a massive fan of Calvert-Lewin but can't see a realistic way he'd be leaving Everton having just played 35 odd games for them this season, especially to join us. Holds the ball up well, good technician.

Hypothetically how much would you reckon he'd go for, including the English player tax?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Must be the drugs...

No, I agree with [MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION]. Locadia or Andone should have started the game, we're going to play so defensively, and understandably so, but we would have benefited from a striker with more mobility and pace to give them something to think about at the back. They didn't need to have any defenders near their own half, which then suffocated our team. If Locadia or Andone were playing, they'd have had to either keep their centre backs a bit more honest and near the half way line, or risk being caught out over the top.

Obviously, Glenn does what he does and scored a brilliant header from a corner - fair play to the man. But there is definite logic in starting Locadia or Andone. Locadia is a box striker who will score goals if we create the chances for him, Millwall away being the most obvious and recent example but you've also got to look at Arsenal and Everton at the Amex.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I'm a massive fan of Calvert-Lewin but can't see a realistic way he'd be leaving Everton having just played 35 odd games for them this season, especially to join us. Holds the ball up well, good technician.

Hypothetically how much would you reckon he'd go for, including the English player tax?

Worth 20m, will go for 50m because he's young and British.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No prospective manager would be attracted by being told that GM would be their main attacking option now would they?

The times they are a changing.

Not even if they were told the depth of attacking back up we have on the bench and in the U23s? 😉

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

I have been of this opinion, just play him as an out and out striker he is good at that (apparently)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I still think of all the realistic targets in this country Tammy Abraham would suit us the most. Very mobile, very quick, works hard.
If Villa don’t go up we should be all over this, if Chelsea will sell that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here