Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton Manager?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Exactly, its a nonsense. As much as we like togo on about how tinpot Bournemouth are, are we really a step up? Would Howe further his career coming here?

No. Howe will stay at Bournemouth until a big 6 club (or at a push Everton or Leicester or a big boy foreign club) come in for him.

Potter is the clear favourite, not least because he is one of the only names which makes any sense.

I say let's do it! **** it. He seems kooky. He'll have Ashworth over his shoulder.
I guess my only concern would be attracting players- we're not a very attractive prospect at the moment and perhaps a 'bigger' even foreign name, might help that. But, let's get a coach in who can work with what we have, maybe a few young British players, some of the youngsters promoted- exciting i'd reckon!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Got an email this evening; my meeting with Wenger has been cancelled "due to unforeseen circumstances".

Could be ...

Novagull

Apr 13, 2019
Mikel Arteta would be a good choice; Potter could also do a decent job.

Sad day for CH ... shame he couldn't have announced his resignation a few weeks ago and then be given a rapturous farewell. I can't believe some of the comments made by non-Albion folk, suggesting that BHA deserve to be relegated next season for sacking Chris; the same people have moaned about our Anti-Football playing style and mentality.

May 13, 2019
Sheffield Wednesday fan in peace and respect here. After our royal battles where you were unfortunate not to overhaul our 2 goal play off semi. Your team rose like a phoenix from those ashes to secure and now hold down a place in the promised land. That was then and this is now. We thought this season would be ours but have been ravaged by injury upon injury. None the less we had a team valued at almost 400% of our cross City neighbours a team we call the Pigs due to their Bacon striped kit. Chris Wilder has worked miracles with a team made up of second and third tier players. This can be no fluke as he has performed the oracle three times on the bounce now. I am somewhat surprised .'. at some of the muppets you have put into the managerial frame. Come on Seagulls go for Chris Wilder, cheap as chips and guaranteed to restore our status as the number one club in the City of Sheffield. Do you some good at the same time !

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If we're serious about consolidating our position in the PL it pains me to say that there is one name not on anyone's lips for good reasons but who has an unblemished track record at precisely this...........

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sheffield Wednesday fan in peace and respect here. After our royal battles where you were unfortunate not to overhaul our 2 goal play off semi. Your team rose like a phoenix from those ashes to secure and now hold down a place in the promised land. That was then and this is now. We thought this season would be ours but have been ravaged by injury upon injury. None the less we had a team valued at almost 400% of our cross City neighbours a team we call the Pigs due to their Bacon striped kit. Chris Wilder has worked miracles with a team made up of second and third tier players. This can be no fluke as he has performed the oracle three times on the bounce now. I am somewhat surprised .'. at some of the muppets you have put into the managerial frame. Come on Seagulls go for Chris Wilder, cheap as chips and guaranteed to restore our status as the number one club in the City of Sheffield. Do you some good at the same time !

Chris Wilder won't come here now.

Agreed on the bolded part.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Exactly, its a nonsense. As much as we like togo on about how tinpot Bournemouth are, are we really a step up? Would Howe further his career coming here?

No. Howe will stay at Bournemouth until a big 6 club (or at a push Everton or Leicester or a big boy foreign club) come in for him.

Potter is the clear favourite, not least because he is one of the only names which makes any sense.

I think there is a possibility that Howe could be tempted. I think it would require a big salary which is feasible, and a guarantee on player recruitment budget. It is only a matter of time before B'mouth find themselves in a relegation battle. The only guarantee is cash. Throw cash at him and he could be tempted.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think there is a possibility that Howe could be tempted. I think it would require a big salary which is feasible, and a guarantee on player recruitment budget. It is only a matter of time before B'mouth find themselves in a relegation battle. The only guarantee is cash. Throw cash at him and he could be tempted.

I don't think Eddie Howe would have the slightest interest in leaving Bmuff to come here.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Odious and, having failed at Burnley, no guarantee he'd be any good here.
Avoid.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Howe leaving Bournemouth = No chance whatsoever
Wilder leaving United = No chance whatsoever

Next.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Press reporting that Swansea have granted permission for us to speak with Potter.......interview today according to Telegraph on Twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here