Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton Manager?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Wenger? Swap a manager who is seen as stubborn and averse to change for one who is even more stubborn and averse to change? No thanks!

Wenger is the dream for me. Tidy, smart, attacking, fast football. Anyone who wouldn't take Wenger in a heartbeat is mad IMO.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
They have to be famous, foreign and expensive, or I'm going to be very disappointed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wenger is the dream for me. Tidy, smart, attacking, fast football. Anyone who wouldn't take Wenger in a heartbeat is mad IMO.

And trusting youth, I’d bloody love it. Doubt it will happen though.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
And trusting youth, I’d bloody love it. Doubt it will happen though.

Yeah that's massive. When you consider what Ashworth is here to do, and how well it fits with Wengers way of working. & you also consider our approach to finding young talent overseas, and how well that fits with Wenger too. Match made in heaven for me. The guy unearthed Thierry Henry for goodness sake. Never has their been a better example of both of those things than that.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Has anyone mentioned the Getafe manager yet? Got them promoted a few seasons ago, and are now on the verge of Champions League football. Sounds like something out of Football Manager. Get him in!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Aidy Boothroyd. Mates with Dan Ashworth and highly regarded when at Watford. You heard it hear.

Hoofball merchant who took Watford up and then straight back down again in last place.

Subsequently sacked from Coventry and Northampton.

Hooray.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
With Ashworth in place it’s pretty obvious it will be Potter and I’m delighted

It creates a clear over-arching philosophy and that is what success is built upon.

Moaning about a 10th Championship finish is ridiculous considering the constraints he was under, and how he did most of it with kids and budget buys.

I’ve followed his career for a while due to him being an Englishman managing in Sweden and what he did with Östersunds was nothing short of a miracle. Swans fans are gutted he could be leaving as they firmly believe with backing from the board he could get them up. He also gave them their sense of footballing identity back too.

Delighted if it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here