Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you, Chris Hughton

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Rather than letting it all get bogged down with the discussion of the decision itself and who comes next as the other thread is full of, I thought we needed a thread to appreciate the man who kept us in the Championship, then nearly got us to the Premier League, then got us to the Premier League, then kept us in the Premier League (twice) and got us to Wembley for a semi-final.

Thank you Chris, you've been a terrific manager and a credit to yourself and to this club. Thanks for the memories.

:clap2:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He's done a great job for the club, up until January this year, and where we are overall is fantastic, he deserves full credit for his part in that, but lets face facts, we've been crap this year!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Rather than letting it all get bogged down with the discussion of the decision itself and who comes next as the other thread is full of, I thought we needed a thread to appreciate the man who kept us in the Championship, then nearly got us to the Premier League, then got us to the Premier League, then kept us in the Premier League (twice) and got us to Wembley for a semi-final.

Thank you Chris, you've been a terrific manager and a credit to yourself and to this club. Thanks for the memories.

:clap2:

Spot on. He'll go down as our best one or two managers in history. Most will remember promotion, or securing survival last season, but I want to make a special mention for the season when we just missed out. The transformation from the previous season was just extraordinary, the football was exciting while also displaying Chris' trademark defensive solidity and pragmatic game management intelligence. So many things went against us at the end when it really mattered in that season, but it's the one that's lodged in my memory; sometimes glorious failure trumps success.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Thanks Chris. It's been an honour to have a manager so universally liked and admired, who always acted with so much dignity. Good luck with whatever happens next.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Yes, his work over the last 4 years should be appreciated by us all.

Hope he finds another job as soon as possible

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
I don't often comment on this site, as the reading and following it usually enough for me

But its felt that thanking and congratulating Mr Hughton is a worthwhile contribution at this time

Thanks Chris- we all wish you well for the future

The Seagulls must move on

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

lets face facts, we've been crap this year!
Didn't even manage one reply without someone being a dick.:facepalm:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I'm sure if Chris was stuck on a desert island with a laptop and the only website he could connect to was NSC I'm sure he wouldn't even consider it.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Football is a very cruel business. After the fuss we all made of Bruno yesterday, I noticed Chris with his grand-daughter in his arms and briefly wondered whether circumstances meant that we should have all been saying goodbye and thank you to him too. I'll miss Bruno because seeing his talent on the pitch made me smile as a football fan and seeing him off the pitch made me proud that he was associated with our club. Despite the recent crumbling in home form, Chris Hughton has more often than not, made me smile as a football fan. He also made me cry, when he achieved something that I never quite thought I would see. Like Bruno, his honesty, decency and class in everything he did off the pitch will be the thing I miss most. Never blamed referees, always gave credit to the opposition where it was due, always took a considered approach to a game overrun with emotion and regretful outbursts. I hope that Tony Bloom doesn't live to regret this decision for professional reasons. I think that he will always regret this decision for personal ones.

Thanks Chris. You were always labelled too nice, when in fact people shouldn't be able to be criticsed for being too nice. The criticism is a tribute to you as a man, but it disguises the fact that, when things die down, and your record is viewed in pure statistics, you will be looked back on as a serious contender for the label of the best manager this club has ever employed.

I wish you happiness and success in everything you do in the future. Thanks for everything. I mean the everything that we have currently got. We owe a big part of it to you.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
An Albion legend for what has been achieved under his tenure. Thank you CH and very best wishes for the future.

I'm thankful for everything Chris has done for the club but especially his 1st season in charge where it looked certain we'd be in League one the following season before he took over. Everything else has just been a bonus.
Thanks Chris.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Agree with all the posts. A genuinely lovely man. Polite, respectful and professional at all times - which is a human quality, not just managerial. It would have been an awful decision for TB to make.

I'm sure that whenever he comes back to the Amex we'll show him the respect he has earned and deserves. Good Luck to him. I'm sure he'll walk into a Championship club and we'll be seeing them in the PL within a season or two.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thank you Chris Hughton, you have been magnificent for this club.

It has always made me enormously proud that we have had such a person in charge, thoroughly decent, polite and calm. He fits the 'no dickheads' policy to a tee. I just hope that it is a culture that the club can maintain, moving on.

A club legend. Always.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He is a legend!

I hope this remains businesslike and that he feels welcome at the Amex always.

He has been immense for us. A great manager. An acute manager who did everything he could to keep the team and the club united and focused. He has given us some of the happiest memories we have ever had as Albion supporters.

If there was a guy you could trust to keep his word and remain focused, it would be him.

Thank you Chris, from the bottom of my heart.

The Kind is Dead, Long live the King!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hadn't seen the other thread and was unaware of the decision, when first reading this.

Really saddened to see him go.
He was the best manager we have had and an absolute gentleman.
As per other posts, the transition from a failing championship team, to one of the best in a single season, showed the measure of the man.
Wonderful memories.

Big boots to fill for whoever comes next.
Personally, I will want to see results pretty much immediately to justify the action taken.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here