Page 59 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 881
  1. #581
    Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,481


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KZNSeagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A very good article that and sums the situation up well I reckon.

    "Brighton’s next moves had better be good to justify this sacking". Indeed.
    What would be the alternative? Sticking with a manager so rigid in his thinking? One, who immediately after going 1 goal in front drops everybody back to sustain non-stop pressure? A manager who thinks 25-29% possession all season is the way forward? I'm not sure of the exact percentage but it can't be much more than that

    Paul Hayward has got it wrong and it is obvious that he hasn't watched us much these past two seasons of stinking out the PL.

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

    51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #582
      Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,481


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes I was.

      PS: If you can't even stretch to Palace or even Arsenal away as good performances then fair enough. Tough crowd to say the least.
      Palace away really wasn't a good performance. It was however a great result.

      Palace were totally inept that day and even then we managed just 37% possession, had 4 shots (3 on target) and 0 corners.

      No matter how much spin you try and put on that game it really wasn't a good performance.

      Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

      51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
    • #583
      Tedious chump Mr Banana's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Standing in the way of control
      Posts
      4,779


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What would be the alternative? Sticking with a manager so rigid in his thinking? One, who immediately after going 1 goal in front drops everybody back to sustain non-stop pressure? A manager who thinks 25-29% possession all season is the way forward? I'm not sure of the exact percentage but it can't be much more than that

      Paul Hayward has got it wrong and it is obvious that he hasn't watched us much these past two seasons of stinking out the PL.

      Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      I love Paul but there's been an awful lot written today about a team that has won two games in five months.
      The Seagull Line

      Overweight, frustrated, unsuccessful
    • #584
      Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,481


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I love Paul but there's been an awful lot written today about a team that has won two games in five months.
      That is the astonishing thing. Two wins in five months plus a new club record for not scoring a goal but the club is wrong to sack him?



      Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

      51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
    • #585
      Members London Black Cab's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Where to mate?
      Posts
      397


      0 Not allowed!


      Well the greyhound is by upset


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #586
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      25,254


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I find it amusing all the critics in the media of the style of play are doing saying it’s a shock.
      It’s hilarious- hypocrites. I even replied to a Lineker tweet asking him to make his mind up as he’s ‘shocked’ but been slagging off our negativity all season.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #587
      Wanna balloon? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      1,270


      0 Not allowed!
      Tony must run the club as a business and this was a business decision. Hundreds of millions of pounds are at stake and many lower level administrative jobs are on the line. There is very little room for sentiment in business.

      Here’s a question for those who feel he shouldn’t have been sacked. It’s a thought experiment so no cheating.

      You are in charge of recruiting our next manager. Our situation is as it is now, but our fictional manager has just resigned. Chris Hughton is available and has never been our manager, but has exactly the same record with another club, playing the same way with the same stats. Would you offer him the job? Or would you look elsewhere?
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"
    • #588

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Palace away really wasn't a good performance. It was however a great result.
      Palace were totally inept that day and even then we managed just 37% possession, had 4 shots (3 on target) and 0 corners.
      No matter how much spin you try and put on that game it really wasn't a good performance.
      Like i said, tough crowd.
    • #589

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sorrel View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I wonder what would have happened if we had denied Man City the title yesterday. Can't believe he would have been sacked then.
      When the second goal went in, the atmosphere went from buzzing to dead. The players' body language and performance went totally flat.
      This really summed up where the club are at the moment. We had lost the game as soon as we went behind.

      Whilst I am personally disappointed in the decision, I strongly suspect it had to be done.
    • #590

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Palace away really wasn't a good performance. It was however a great result.

      Palace were totally inept that day and even then we managed just 37% possession, had 4 shots (3 on target) and 0 corners.

      No matter how much spin you try and put on that game it really wasn't a good performance.

      Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Sorry there is no spin required.
      You are wrong on this one.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •