Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton leaves with immediate effect

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good luck, Chris.

There will be a queue of Championship clubs at your door now.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Chris has done a fantastic job at the Albion and will always be that much overused phrase, a legend, in my eyes.

I am sad that it has come to this, but not as sad as I would have expected to be. The football since Christmas has been almost unwatchable at times, and we only just made it over the line. Probably the right time for him to go.

A thoroughly decent man who embodied the ethos of our club. All the best to him.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Kin hell didn't see this coming. Time will tell if it is the right move - but I can't help feeling a fair amount of dread. Grass isn't always greener...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What's becoming apparent, after the Percy Tau nonsense last summer and now this news, is that what the club say in public is complete bullshit and that what Bloom says cannot be trusted.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Right or wrong, it should not have been done this way

Barber out
Ashworth out

FFS

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Watch this space......they will approach EDDIE HOWE. ( all the talk in another PL boadroom in the last week )

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Honestly gutted. Didnt even get a proper fairwell yesterday. The man will always be remembered as a legend.

Rumours of Graham Potter taking over. Cant see that working out too well.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It could be the best decision or the worst decision TB has made, we won't be able to judge until the end of next season.

I can imagine how tough that was for TB.

Thanks Chris for everything you have done for us.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm very glad that the crowd managed a decent rendition of "Chrissy Hughton's Blue & White Army" at the end of the appreciation lap yesterday. The very least he deserved after all the good times that he made such a massive contribution to providing.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Really sad news but the correct decision unfortunately. We might go down anyway next season but relegation would have been inevitable if Hughton stayed.

Relegation would have been inevitable if the man who kept us up twice had stayed?
Yeah, that makes total sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here