Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton leaves with immediate effect

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Incredibly sad day. Shame he didn’t leave on his own terms.

With the right tools and less round pegs for square holes [and bad luck with injuries] I saw the potential for improvement and the more progressive 4-3-3. But what do I know.

Good luck Chris, as before in your career, you deserved better.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of course, if he hadn’t have been let down by the clowns in the recruitment dept who presented him with players who were not good enough like andone the Iranian fella, locadia etc then who knows

Thanks for the memories of seasons past Chris

I do hope we go for a decent coach now...I also feel that nY have been Murray’s swansong on Sunday

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Mental that Swansea boss Graham Potter has been 8/1 ON to be our next manager since last night.

Not even a window to get on that betting train.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Shocked at the speed of the decision , thought it would happen but not till after the usual end of season big wigs meeting.

Cant think of anyone who has the experience of the prem who is currently available & willing to take on a non top 6 club so looks like will be a relative inexperienced manager or even a foreign coach.

Rafa would seem the best 'fit' though would not be my choice so going to expect the unexpected.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't disagree with the decision entirely, my major bone of contention is that we should have been told he was going before yesterday so we could give him the proper send off he deserves as we did with Bruno. We never got the chance to say goodbye to one of the finest managers we've ever had, and that feels wrong.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bloom wouldn’t have made this decision alone. No doubt feedback was sought from players, observations from Ashworth etc.

It’s unfortunate but really I think we had to do something to freshen things up

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Thought it odd yesterday that Bloom and family did not go on lap of honour with team and stayed well out of way of CH family who were nearby, Bloom got a family photo with Bruno only

Clearly our owner will have a long time to think about this and find it hard to believe we do not have a plan in place

Maybe the Potter thread and odds are indeed correct

Interesting times

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
And who the **** is Graham Potter?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Inevitable after some of the rubbish that has been served up this year. If we had started next season in the same vein we would have been down by Christmas and it would be too late to do anything about it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Shocked and gutted, Hughton has been a total gentleman the entire time he's been here and in those two championship seasons gave us some fantastic football. He was a lot more pragmatic in the Premier League but can hold his head up high at all he has achieved here. Thank you Chris, you will be missed and as Bruno said yesterday once a seagull, always a seagull. You'll always be welcome around these parts.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Shame it wasn't announced yesterday and we could have shown our appreciation after the game. Also hope he wasn't 'sacked' and more mutual consent agreement.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't disagree with the decision entirely, my major bone of contention is that we should have been told he was going before yesterday so we could give him the proper send off he deserves as we did with Bruno. We never got the chance to say goodbye to one of the finest managers we've ever had, and that feels wrong.

I agree...we were safe ..nothing riding on the result for us...so what difference does a day make?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here