Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton leaves with immediate effect

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m surprised so many are shocked... have they forgotten some of the recent games (Southampton, Bournemouth...) ?

If it wasn’t for 3 terrible teams this season we would have been done. Tony Bloom can’t risk that again

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Excellent man and manager, thanks for the memories but we all knew this was coming. Barber alluded to it a few days ago with the "entertainment business" patter and the ship was sinking fast this season. CH made it back to shore just in time but we can't be in the same situation next season.

Hopefully Arteta didn't have the opportunity to leave the stadium yesterday. UTA.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Gonna be raiding the Bundesliga for a German manager I reckon. Then again, I believe Big Sam and Moysie are available.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Gutted by this but realistic that a 'big club' decision had to be made.

I'm sure Tony and co already have a very good idea as to who they want to fill the positions left by Chris and his assistants.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
After the Hyypia debacle, where we were sleep-walking to League 1 and he wouldn't pull the trigger, this marks a change in Bloom. Didn't see this coming. Bloom has obviously learnt from previous appointments/decisions/sackings, and is also taking advice from the staff we've put in place to stay in the league. I guess you have to be ruthless and not let compassion get in the way.

Gutted for Chris as he's a class act, but part of me feels relieved after we limped over the line.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
The only thing that surprises me about this is he wasn't given a few months of next season but ultimately I think it's the right time to change. We need more bite and that ain't just down to the players we have. Thanks for the good times Chris and all the best, it's a shame it didn't work out.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So who's on the shortlist? Big Sam, Paul Jewell, Steve Cotterill. Wagner, Sparky, Colin, Danny Wilson, Wenger, Claude Puel, Alan Curbishley ... round up the usual suspects.

Oh, and please can it be someone with Premier League experience, not someone who has done well in Belgium or Holland?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Shocked. Wow. Well a lot of people on here have had their wish granted.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Correct decision, but sad at the same time. Thanks for everything, Chris.

Think this sums it up perfectly.

I questioned Tony’s balls a few weeks back , won’t make that mistake again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Anyone taking delight in this announcement (whether they agree with the decision or not) should be banned immediately.

No delight, sad its happened but I guess inevitable if the club was to move on from where it is. it is a gamble which might backfire.

It would have been great if we could have had two managers with Chris looking after the defence....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Preposterous.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Obviously saw that things couldn't change under Hughton and his team, Bloom had no choice really but it would have been nice to give him a send off yesterday and show gratitude for everything he has done here

Sack him just after Bruno leaves the pitch for another standing ovation ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Shocked it wasn’t announced as a mutual parting of the ways, he deserves that rather than just being announced as sacked.

I say that as someone who has felt the need for a change since the Bournemouth game, but I do feel sad it was announced as a sacking.

Totally This.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here