Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton leaves with immediate effect

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion have confirmed that Chris Hughton has left the club with immediate effect. Hughton’s assistant Paul Trollope and first-team coach Paul Nevin have also left.

Chairman Tony Bloom said, “Chris has done an excellent job over the past four and a half years. First stabilising our club, reaching the play-offs in his first full season, securing our first-ever promotion to the Premier League, and retaining our status in two successive seasons.

“Undoubtedly, this has been one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make as chairman of Brighton & Hove Albion, but ultimately one I have made due to how we struggled in the second half of the season.

“Our run of 3 wins from 23 Premier League matches put our status at significant risk. It is with that in mind, and the performances during that period, that I now feel it’s the right time for a change.

“Chris will always be very fondly remembered by Albion staff and fans as one of our club’s finest and most-respected managers.

“I would like to wish Chris, Paul and Paul – who have all worked extremely hard throughout their time here – every success for the future, and thank them on behalf of everyone at the club.

“They will always be welcome at the Amex, and will be remembered here with great affection.”

The club have confirmed that the process to find Chris’s successor is underway, and that there will be no further comment at this stage.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hughton sacked

CLUB STATEMENT: CHRIS HUGHTON

Brighton & Hove Albion have confirmed that Chris Hughton has left the club with immediate effect. Hughton’s assistant Paul Trollope and first-team coach Paul Nevin have also left.

Chairman Tony Bloom said, “Chris has done an excellent job over the past four and a half years. First stabilising our club, reaching the play-offs in his first full season, securing our first-ever promotion to the Premier League, and retaining our status in two successive seasons.

“Undoubtedly, this has been one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make as chairman of Brighton & Hove Albion, but ultimately one I have made due to how we struggled in the second half of the season.

“Our run of 3 wins from 23 Premier League matches put our status at significant risk. It is with that in mind, and the performances during that period, that I now feel it’s the right time for a change.

“Chris will always be very fondly remembered by Albion staff and fans as one of our club’s finest and most-respected managers.

“I would like to wish Chris, Paul and Paul – who have all worked extremely hard throughout their time here – every success for the future, and thank them on behalf of everyone at the club.

“They will always be welcome at the Amex, and will be remembered here with great affection.”

The club have confirmed that the process to find Chris’s successor is underway, and that there will be no further comment at this stage.

ENDS

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Anyone taking delight in this announcement (whether they agree with the decision or not) should be banned immediately.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wow .... and thank you Chris

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shocked it wasn’t announced as a mutual parting of the ways, he deserves that rather than just being announced as sacked.

I say that as someone who has felt the need for a change since the Bournemouth game, but I do feel sad it was announced as a sacking.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Dan Ashworth has already failed, then. He said it was part of his work to ensure that CH kept his job.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well f uck me. After Barber's interviews last week never thought that would happen.

I must admit, I thought that was a 'vote of confidence'.

Thanks for everything though. He took us to the next level and we can't ever forget that

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A real gentleman who has always conducted himself with dignity. He can leave with his head held high and will never have to buy a drink in Brighton.

Cheers Chris.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here