Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton leaves with immediate effect

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Wow, I don't know how to feel about this (and it being so soon after yesterday). I've wanted Chris to go due to horrible away form and our way of playing but it's sad to see how sudden this is and without a 'send off'. He's been amazing for us

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Genuinely unsure how to feel about that.

Either way, thankyou for everything Chris; we may not be where we are if it weren't for you.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not delighted but glad that we are making the change. Making the right appointment is going to be really tough. It will be a relative unknown and a big gamble but hats off to TB for making the tough call.

Thanks to CH for taking us top this level

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Really sad news but the correct decision unfortunately. We might go down anyway next season but relegation would have been inevitable if Hughton stayed.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Shocked, and I imagine CH is as well. But no doubt a fat payout will ease the pain. Thanks for your time here Chris, good luck in whatever you choose to do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wasn't expecting that, but oddly not overly surprised either. Glad in some ways that TB is showing a ruthless streak. Clearly completed his assessment of the season and decided a change is needed.

Thanks Chris for all you've done, and with so much integrity and decency. Created many happy memories and we wouldn't be where we are without you.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Shocked. Disappointed.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Shocked and saddened... but it's the right thing for the club.

Happy that Hughton was kept to the end of the season, and doesn't have a relegation on his CV.

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Thank you to by far my favourite ever Albion manager (and there have been a few).

Makes sense if Bloom and Ashworth are planning a big influx of quality players and the opportunity for a new style of play.

Otherwise it will be funny on here come late August when the first calls are made for the head of the new bloke.

Seagull122

Mar 16, 2019
I feel like it’s a very poor time to announce it, it should’ve been announced before yesterday’s game so we could give him the send off he deserved, it seems rather sad and unprofessional to do it now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It might be right, it might be exciting times to come, but I cannot feel anything but incredibly sad about it.

Along with Bruno, these are two men that have represented our football club with unquestionable dignity, loyalty and success.

Don't think I will feel anything else until we know who is coming in.

Football is a ruthless world, I kind of hoped we were the ones to buck that trend.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here