Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Opinion Article - To More Than Survive a Big Summer is Needed

9 Not allowed!
    I started writing a post on Saturday that ended up article length so @Bozza has kindly allowed me to publish it in the "read the Albion" section. What went right this season? What went wring? And what needs to happen in the summer to fix it? Over to you......

https://www.northstandchat.com/conte...mmer-is-Needed
    Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Half Hawaiian Half Greek Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      We need a manager who can do more than:

1. Pick a starting 11
      2. Tell them to sit deep and keep it tight, maybe nick a goal from a set piece
      3. Make like for like substitutions on 70 minutes

I could do that job. We need someone able to implement their own tactics into matches, develop patterns of play in training and most importantly the ability to improve young players.
      PURA VIDA MAE
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Unfortunately I think we need a pretty big summer just to survive next season. Our limitations have been cruelly exposed since Xmas.
      "I'm glad they lost, 'cos if they'd 've won I'd 've been all happy. I hate being happy"

2 Not allowed!
      An excellent morning read.

Pretty much agree word for word and point for point.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I started writing a post on Saturday that ended up article length so @Bozza has kindly allowed me to publish it in the "read the Albion" section. What went right this season? What went wring? And what needs to happen in the summer to fix it? Over to you......

https://www.northstandchat.com/conte...mmer-is-Needed
      Definitely a fair assessment on the current and future. Good post and well thought out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      A member of the Giles Stille appreciation society

1 Not allowed!
      Good read, thanks.

I'm with you on CH, if he's going to stay he not only needs to be given ammunition but he needs to use it (and be encouraged to use it) properly. I'm not too optimistic but will be hopeful

0 Not allowed!
      I assume CH will have the summer with DA and the rest of the recruitment staff to put a squad together that is more suited to the premier league.
      Personally Ryan Dunk Bernardo Bissouma March and one of proper or Grob should be starting next season

Duffy I love as a defender and the partnership with Dunk is great but it’s also a partnership that has its flaws especially against mobile forwards. It’s also a partnership that was bullied by wood and Barnes and Mitrovic. Personally it could be improved lthiugh maybe not essential

RB Montoya positionally is a liability and no surprise to see Bruno come back for the end of the season

CM Stephens - we just are not mobile enough in the middle of the park. Some of the times opposition midfielders and running at the back 4 is pretty alarming. A more mobile athletic DM is a must. I like Stephens but you need to evolve and develop

Currently I would play March on the right. There is a spare slot for the left side. Locadia and Jahanbakhsh don’t look like the answers and Izzy isn’t likely to play much early season.

CF we still need one who is actually going to take Murray’s place long term

Better recruitment is needed. Pace and mobility are key and experience of English football for some of them.

1 Not allowed!
      Given that Ashworth has a (big) reputation for identifying and developing youth players, and supposedly has a serious contact book containing the best and brightest domestic talent in this country, you’d hardly be going out on a limb to surmise that young, British premier league ready (but not top six) talent is on the agenda. If that’s the case then football wisdom says you’ll also need some real ‘no dickheads’ PL experience in the side/squad too. Then you’ll need a coach and coaching structure to exploit this vision, a budget to make it happen and a brutal re-evaluation of the current first team squad. It is going to be a helluva two-day meeting when the club picks over the bones of this season. Think there will be some changes coming.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      -Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8908880]We need a manager who can do more than:

1. Pick a starting 11
      2. Tell them to sit deep and keep it tight, maybe nick a goal from a set piece
      3. Make like for like substitutions on 70 minutes

I could do that job. We need someone able to implement their own tactics into matches, develop patterns of play in training and most importantly the ability to improve young players.
      So could anyone which is why it’s a total unfair characterisation of Hughton , his experience and his track record.

0 Not allowed!
      Very good piece. Spot on.