Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Were you surrounded by Mancs?

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
Down in WSL there was an utter infestation like nothing ive seen before. Way more than Arsenal games which were previously the worst. As long as they behave themselves i dont mind, The 3 around me were fine. Today obviously a gigantic game for them (coz theyre playing the Albion!) but still??

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Down in WSL there was an utter infestation like nothing ive seen before. Way more than Arsenal games which were previously the worst. As long as they behave themselves i dont mind, The 3 around me were fine. Today obviously a gigantic game for them (coz theyre playing the Albion!) but still??

Way too many plastics happy to sell their tickets

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I wasn't, but had to laugh on the P+R to the ground.

Albion fan ' Come far for the game today?'

Manc fan ' Yeah, Essex'

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder how many didn't get IN.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Had one a seat away from me but didn't realise untill then end when he spoke to me as he left. Fair play, he had a good day.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wonder how many didn't get IN.

Loads on the train down without tickets. That's the nice thing about our ground - probably the only one where at least you can get in for a drink afterwards.

I spoke to a steward who said they were planning to let ticket-less fans in after the game to see the presentation. Did that happen ?

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
There was a Japanese girl/young woman, sitting in West Lower, row Q35, wearing a half and half scarf. She didn’t make any trouble or jump up when they scored, but she kept taking photos of the City players and ran down to the front rows as the game finished. She just didn’t seem like a Brighton supporter, probably a ‘premier league tourist’?

Jimmy Grimble

Loads on the train down without tickets. That's the nice thing about our ground - probably the only one where at least you can get in for a drink afterwards.

I spoke to a steward who said they were planning to let ticket-less fans in after the game to see the presentation. Did that happen ?

It did in the West Upper, but what a disgrace. Let them in yes, but only if they have some decorum and dignity. Too right some blokes around us kicked off, nice to have some people not making us look a pushover.

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
A few dotted around ESL today, plus a pissed-up mouthy Scouser in Row X with a red YNWA Liverpool flag who managed to get himself ejected. And a couple of Mancs who tried to make a break for the City end after the final whistle, but got caught by stewards, and in one case handcuffed by police before being ejected minutes before they lifted the trophy.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Half a dozen or so in front of us in NW Upper. Their celebration last got more and more blatant after every goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A few dotted around ESL today, plus a pissed-up mouthy Scouser in Row X with a red YNWA Liverpool flag who managed to get himself ejected. And a couple of Mancs who tried to make a break for the City end after the final whistle, but got caught by stewards, and in one case handcuffed by police before being ejected minutes before they lifted the trophy.

Stewards handled things brilliantly at the final whistle . And one City fan on the field led away in handcuffs. I bet he didn't expect that when he woke up this morning.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Yes, a few came and stood near us, WSU. Good lads, just really happy to get in and see their team get their trophy. All very chilled, even saw a few fans in the stands clutching their PINTS! Just how it should be.

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
When i arrived at my seat today i saw next to me i had a shit gallagher lookalike. Must be city? He obviously was. Starting speaking to each other at half-time. Hes a city season ticket holder. From Stoke Newington. Gets to all the games he can. Was telling me all about the struggles City have had to put up with recently like they were the most hard done to side in the world (and not one financed by a multi billionaire fascist state) and was constantly slagging off his team thru the 2nd half. Even when goals went in. I mentioned the Goldstone,Archer, Belotti, Gillingham. He wasnt remotely interested . Football. F***ing hell.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Two were removed from the north stand, it was more entertaining than the second half.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
A handful of City fans got moved out of the East Lower after each goal. Yeah they shouldn’t be there, but the reaction from some Albion fans was a bit embarrassing and OTT. Many near us burst their guts and lungs screaming for a policeman or stewards.

Once the match was over about a dozen City fans were let in to the stand and were mildly celebrating. Really didn’t bother me but again some of the nearby Albion fans were losing the plot again. Pathetic really as it didn’t really matter you then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here