Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Were you surrounded by Mancs?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How wonderfully dismissive of you, pleased money is not a worry in your household.

I was offered £300 outside, in a completely unsolicited approached by a young lad and his mate. I turned it down because I'm fortunate enough to be ok financially, but I wouldn't dismiss anyone who did accept in such a manner. I know nothing of someone elses life, financial perils, or how important that £300 may have been to them.

If someone was that hard up they wouldn't be buying Premier League football tickets in the first place.

Financial perils my arse.

D

Deleted member 2719

How wonderfully dismissive of you, pleased money is not a worry in your household.

I was offered £300 outside, in a completely unsolicited approached by a young lad and his mate. I turned it down because I'm fortunate enough to be ok financially, but I wouldn't dismiss anyone who did accept in such a manner. I know nothing of someone elses life, financial perils, or how important that £300 may have been to them.

Any Albion happy to take £300 for their ticket:

1) Shouldn't have a ST in the first place as they have obviously overstretched their budget.
2) Shouldn't be allowed to be an Albion fan/STH

My question to you is would you report an Albion fan that was selling to an away supporter for profit?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
There were quite a few around us in WSL, especially in the corner next to the Man City fans.

Maybe I'm just mellowing with age, but I can never get my head around how difficult it is for football fans to tolerate it. The game meant nothing to us, bar a celebration of the survival and a thank you to Bruno. We were hardly wracked with tension, and yet the moment a City goal went in, and someone allowed a bit of a celebration to show their mask slip, the utter FURY that reigned down on them from some Brighton fans was quite incredible.

"Oh look, a few City fans there" and back to the game, was pretty much the level of my angst. But others behaved like they had just witnessed a cold blooded murder. Until the fellow football fan who happens to be cheering on the other team, was removed from the ground along with anyone they are with, then the anger was building and building. I just don't get it. What have they done? Anything we wouldn't have done in the same situation? I've nothing against City fans, always quite liked them tbh, but even beyond them, what is wrong with some people that they get so incredibly angry that this happens.

I suspect that all season ticket holders have someone sitting in their block who they could predict would be likely to have a pop at somebody celebrating a goal being scored against the Albion. If this happened, the likely outcome would be that the Albion fan would lose their season ticket and the 'I was there' tourist would walk away without further consequence. For that reason they shouldn't be there if they can't do it quietly.

We all know the rules of being in the away end and there were a fair few City fans who flaunted or forgot them yesterday and they were, quite rightly, thrown out.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I suspect that all season ticket holders have someone sitting in their block who they could predict would be likely to have a pop at somebody celebrating a goal being scored against the Albion. If this happened, the likely outcome would be that the Albion fan would lose their season ticket and the 'I was there' tourist would walk away without further consequence. For that reason they shouldn't be there if they can't do it quietly.

We all know the rules of being in the away end and there were a fair few City fans who flaunted or forgot them yesterday and they were, quite rightly, thrown out.

Exactly this, one or two getting agitated that the celebrating City fans were not being ejected straight away, and I don't blame them even one guy took a swing at a City supporter resisting ejection. If it causes aggro they should be chucked out immediately. I've been in away ends and you just don't let your feelings get the better of you, why at some grounds you would get thumped as soon as you were revealed as an away fan, sad I know but true. I don't think there is anything wrong getting a celebrating away fan ejected it can diffuse the situation,.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Lots in 1901. Two of which behind me had to ask why people kept booing Kyle Walker every time he touched the ball. They obviously don't watch "their" club all that much.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There were quite a few around us in WSL, especially in the corner next to the Man City fans.

Maybe I'm just mellowing with age, but I can never get my head around how difficult it is for football fans to tolerate it. The game meant nothing to us, bar a celebration of the survival and a thank you to Bruno. We were hardly wracked with tension, and yet the moment a City goal went in, and someone allowed a bit of a celebration to show their mask slip, the utter FURY that reigned down on them from some Brighton fans was quite incredible.

"Oh look, a few City fans there" and back to the game, was pretty much the level of my angst. But others behaved like they had just witnessed a cold blooded murder. Until the fellow football fan who happens to be cheering on the other team, was removed from the ground along with anyone they are with, then the anger was building and building. I just don't get it. What have they done? Anything we wouldn't have done in the same situation? I've nothing against City fans, always quite liked them tbh, but even beyond them, what is wrong with some people that they get so incredibly angry that this happens.

Appreciate your sentiments, but in reality you’re justifying touting of tickets.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A couple put their matching Liverpool replica shirts on in E1A causing much debate as to whether they were away fans or not.:shrug:

Any road, they were embraced by the warmth of the family stand, and much back slapping after we scored. They left before the 4th went in...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A blatant City fan two rows ahead of me in the North, when we scored I couldn’t resist embracing him in jubilation, he begrudgingly gave me a fist bump :lol: very childish but I couldn’t resist.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lots in 1901. Two of which behind me had to ask why people kept booing Kyle Walker every time he touched the ball. They obviously don't watch "their" club all that much.

Well, I was at Wembley, and was a bit confused to start with and someone had to remind me that one of Jahanbakhsh's principle contributions this season was not getting headbutted enough by Kyle Walker.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Appreciate your sentiments, but in reality you’re justifying touting of tickets.

Mate rightly or wrongly at most grounds the home fans would have not called for stewards to remove the City fans but dealt with them themselves and it could have been a more severe outcome than an ejection from the home end.

Supposed to quote Gritts post sorry :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Didn't see any obvious in W1H during the game, but on the final whistle a few immediately started making their way down to the front and towards the south...........to be honest if they keep themselves to themselves and don't overtly celebrate their goals etc I don't care much. I'd certainly do it myself if it was the only way of getting in.

I don't think many would have been holding the tickets of BHA STHs though. Some will have got purchase history. The big loophole for the club on touting is the STH guest ticket IMO - as long as the buyer behaves themselves (risk the STH takes) you could flog these off all day long.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So in short loads of plastic Brighton fans sold their tickets to City fans, I hope you're sussed by the club and banned so you can fk off back watching whatever club you really support, because it's certainly not Brighton and Hove Albion is it.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
On Albion Roar, Paul Barber reiterated any STH caught gets banned - and that a few STHs had already been banned before the game. Even the most hard up fan, tempted by a few hundred quid, should conclude that it's not worth the risk if you might end up getting banned.

Which ever way you look at it, it's just not right, and not worth it.

There have been two games I couldn't make this season and both times the ticket exchange has worked fine - as I'm sure it would have done for any STHs who couldn't make the City game

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
(i mentioned this on another thread, but)

Anybody else get asked by a city fan dressed in black trackie's outside North Stand ? He was offering £100, and we laughed him off, but then noticed him inside NS at half time.

He'd managed to get himself in/bought tix as a carer (is that same as ambulant?) to one of our disabled fan's in NE corner shelf, and was sitting next to him chatting away as if he was the real deal.

Fair play for persistence i guess, but aren't these carer tix free with disabled tix, which makes it a bit rich ? Carer must have just waited outside all game in the car park counting the free money ..!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
There was far too much of this for my liking. We'd do the same if we had the chance.

306529.jpg

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I don't blame any City fans that tried it - I would do the same in their shoes. I do blame any BHA selling their tickets on and no sympathy if they get collared for it.

Lastly I hope any City that did get sussed got a few digs, and again I would expect it if the roles were reversed. Was good to see the hostility to those that made themselves known. Don't want to become a soft touch do we, this is football after all.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I don't blame any City fans that tried it - I would do the same in their shoes. I do blame any BHA selling their tickets on and no sympathy if they get collared for it.

Lastly I hope any City that did get sussed got a few digs, and again I would expect it if the roles were reversed. Was good to see the hostility to those that made themselves known. Don't want to become a soft touch do we, this is football after all.

I sort of agree. I don't have a problem with City fans trying it, and nor do I have a problem with Albion fans who want to make a nice few quid.

I also think that if you've bought your way into the home end and get aggro, or if you've sold your seat and get your ST rescinded then that's fair enough too.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
One in E1F. I expected more as not STH seats.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I was being asked for tickets before we got on the bus at Mill Road !

The City fans I spoke too were a good bunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here