Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Clive Wilkin RIP, Cowplain, Hants

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Shocked to see Clive's picture in the 'Albion Remembers' presentation b4 KO. Clive was a great supporter of the various campaigns and regularly wrote letters from his home in Hants to the local media. A valiant campaigner in the dark days and for Falmer. Sadly missed, my condolences to his family.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Yeah I was shocked to see that as well. I sat next to him at Withdean for about 6/7 seasons. Entertaining man. Brilliant at getting as many swear words as possible into a sentence if he thought a player/decision warranted it.

Last edited:

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Sad to see.

As Tubby says above, we sat next to him during the Withdean years. Never failed to entertain with his forthright views on what was going on on the pitch. I seem to recall "bl**dy f***ing" being one of his favourite phrases.

RIP Clive.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Shocked to see Clive's picture in the 'Albion Remembers' presentation b4 KO. Clive was a great supporter of the various campaigns and regularly wrote letters from his home in Hants to the local media. A valiant campaigner in the dark days and for Falmer. Sadly missed, my condolences to his family.

Thank you for your kind words about my father, I wanted to post on here but it has been a difficult few weeks. I am raising some money for the hospice he was in during his final days if you would like to make a donation or indeed spread the word xx

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/matthew-wilkin1

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yeah I was shocked to see that as well. I sat next to him at Withdean for about 6/7 seasons. Entertaining man. Brilliant at getting as many swear words as possible into a sentence if he thought a player/decision warranted it.

He loved a swear at the ref in particular x

MXL

Jan 29, 2006
on the edge of LDC
Stood with Clive at the Goldstone in the South West terrace. Loved reading his letters in the press during the clubs dark ages. Always enjoyed his company.
RIP Clive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here