Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glad seasons over

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Pleased we got over the line albeit by the skin of our teeth (one more game and Cardiff would have reeled us in !!!) but clearly big changes needed over the summer.

Awful, negative, boring football 2019, too many players just not good enough and painful to watch these last 3/4 months. Became hoofball with 10 players so deep the midfield barely left the 18 yard line. ( yes the midfield !!)

Midfielders with pace and attacking minded pushing forward next season. But we did achieve Premier league status so some positives.:clap2:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lots to agree with there. Lessons to be learned and we stayed up. All a bit of a relief.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It will be nice to return in August with fresh hope and without the doom and gloom.

Although I can't guarantee how long it'll stay that way.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we start next season as we ended this one we will be as good as relegated by November

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We need some players with experience and belief to go forward and hopefully the other players will feed off them.
Will our newish players now improve as they settle in, we can't have another season like this one.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Pleased we got over the line albeit by the skin of our teeth (one more game and Cardiff would have reeled us in !!!) but clearly big changes needed over the summer.

Awful negative boring football 2019, too many players just not good enough and painful to watch these last 3/4 months. Became hoofball with 10 players so deep the midfield barely left the 18 yard line. ( yes the midfield !!)

Midfielders with pace and attacking minded pushing forward next season. But we did achieve Premier league status so some positives.:clap2:

Agree with all of your post.
Nice break now until August, let's hope we come back fitter and stronger.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Time for us to see why we have spent so much money bringing Dan Ashworth in. A start to the season like this one has ended and the natives will get restless real quick.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Could not wait for the season to end , been so disappointing since January,
Big changes needed for next season

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Time for us to see why we have spent so much money bringing Dan Ashworth in. A start to the season like this one has ended and the natives will get restless real quick.

I met one of the “recruiters” in 2017 in a gym and he was saying they were having a really hard time of it recruiting quality. He looked stressed beyond belief and knackered. I can’t recall his name but I think he said he had just started with the club and had just moved to Sussex. It doesn’t sound like it was an easy process.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We were talking on the way to the ground today that eight years ago after we scraped past Doncaster in the first game at the Amex, we would have bitten somebodies hand off if they offered us that in 18/19 we would beat Man Utd at home and Palace home and away and stayed in the premier league and get to the fa cup semi final. It's not been a disastrous season

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Glad its over, a season of two halves. Just hope we learn, far to close for comfort. Thank you CPFC2010

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
The trouble with the style of football we've been playing is that no self respecting top-class footballer will be interested in coming to the Albion, and if they are we won't pay the wages they'll be demanding.

Basically, it's a self fulfilling lull into the basement region we're setting ourselves up for unless we change something fundamentally that will take us out of where we currently are.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm glad the club now have the time to take a breath, reflect on 2019, and do something to change it.

We need a leader on the pitch (sorry LD, you're not that man yet), we need some established PL players (not £100m superstars, just good and solid experienced battlers) and some youth with that lack of fear and respect for the opposition.

We also need a manager who can be brave enough to change his way of thinking and make us a team to look forward to paying our hard earned money to watch...

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
We were talking on the way to the ground today that eight years ago after we scraped past Doncaster in the first game at the Amex, we would have bitten somebodies hand off if they offered us that in 18/19 we would beat Man Utd at home and Palace home and away and stayed in the premier league and get to the fa cup semi final. It's not been a disastrous season

No, it hasn't been a disastrous season. If we'd been relegated by Christmas and knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round at home by a non-league team - that would have been a disastrous season.

However the OP has a point. We rode our luck getting as high as we did before Christmas (those three 1-0 wins in succession could easily have been reversed), and since then, with one or two exceptions, we've been dreadful.

So what's next season going to be like? Logically unless something changes over the summer you'd have to say you'd expect next season to start like this one has finished - in which case we will be relegated before Christmas. We'll have a couple of battling points, maybe a smash-and-grab-win, and the rest will be a string of defeats.

Let's hope this summer is truly magical.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

We didn't spend a single day in the relegation zone.
I still say the FA cup was a distraction as Southampton got to the semi final last year, & only escaped relegation on the last day of the season, when Swansea went down.
I think fans have been disappointed but also lost their sense of perspective.

Of course, they're entitled to their opinions, but we should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.
I'm sure Bloom & Barber will try to sort it out.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We've been agreeing we couldn't wait for it all to be over for some time now, especially the tiresome away struggles.

Let's hope for a successful, prosperous summer.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Hoping so too.

I think our style of play has been rumbled this season and a series of fortunate results saved us. As as has been said, those three 1-0 wins could very easily have gone the other way.

We desperately need a goal scoring midfielder (if CH ever let’s him cross the half way line) and another striker. I’m still hoping Andone will come good but we’ll just get steamrollered next year if we don’t score goals.

Dunk and Duffy have a lot of praise on here but we’ve let in a hell of a lot of goals in 2019.....

That all said we still have a quality base of players and if we can get some confidence going with a couple of good signings we’ll be alright.

Onwards and upwards on a great adventure....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

Awful, negative, boring football 2019, too many players just not good enough and painful to watch these last 3/4 months. Became hoofball with 10 players so deep the midfield barely left the 18 yard line. ( yes the midfield !!)

Better to have this shit season now and address the issues.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I hope all we have to look forward to next season is more that 9 wins!

Whichever way you spin last season gone, that was a horrible season. When our best two players are the two centre backs that explains a lot!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here