Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So how do we survive next season?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
A lot of times you hear that when a team is suffering from a lack of confidence, they also lack the stamina to last 90 minutes plus, when they have a lack in stamina they also lack ideas, when they lack ideas they lose a lot more games, when they lose games they lose confidence, when they lose confidence...well you get my drift.

Perhaps like Hasenhüttl did at Southampton, we need to make sure firstly that our players have the fitness to last a whole game with some energy to spare, it doesn't look that way when you see us over the past few months, we are lambs to the slaughter in quite a few games. Yes, we've had more injuries this season than last but I've never seen so much trotting around the pitch than I have this season, especially the latter half of it, no energy to speak of hence we tail off late in a lot of games rather than go on to score late goals.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We won’t survive next season, not a chance. The rhetoric from the club seems to be thus:

Hughton has the FULL backing of the board - he’s going nowhere people.
The ‘new’ signings will be given even more time to absolutely confirm that, at this level, they’re shit. With one genuine exception in Bissouma. This worries me re any real push for upgrades.

The negative talk will continue, this ‘our level’ stuff, the tactics will mirror the attitude and the self fulfilling prophecy will look after the rest.

No Bruno, no leader.

Murray, another year older, STILL our last best hope for points.

We could also see Dunk, Duffy and Ryan depart.

We’re likely to remain being criminally sluggish and unfit.

I’d say we’re looking at favourites for the drop.

The only way we could prevent it, is to turn all of the above upside down... let’s be really honest here, it’s not going to happen... we are VERY lucky we stayed up, but worry ye not... we’re also VERY Championship ready.

How long will it take you to drain the rest of your glass?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Buy players with pace who dont take 1 year to acclimatise or get fit

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Secure more points than 3 teams.

We need to improve results against teams that are in the bottom 6 of the division.

This season LLDLLLDLWW so 8 points against teams in an around us. Change that around to say WWDWWDWLL and its 17 points but less points to those around us.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
We won’t survive next season, not a chance. The rhetoric from the club seems to be thus:

Hughton has the FULL backing of the board - he’s going nowhere people.
The ‘new’ signings will be given even more time to absolutely confirm that, at this level, they’re shit. With one genuine exception in Bissouma. This worries me re any real push for upgrades.

The negative talk will continue, this ‘our level’ stuff, the tactics will mirror the attitude and the self fulfilling prophecy will look after the rest.

No Bruno, no leader.

Murray, another year older, STILL our last best hope for points.

We could also see Dunk, Duffy and Ryan depart.

We’re likely to remain being criminally sluggish and unfit.

I’d say we’re looking at favourites for the drop.

The only way we could prevent it, is to turn all of the above upside down... let’s be really honest here, it’s not going to happen... we are VERY lucky we stayed up, but worry ye not... we’re also VERY Championship ready.
That’s the spirit. :rave:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Don't go 'double Dutch' in the transfer market, unless buying half the Ajax team.

Either change our formation to accomodate 2 strikers (especially at home against the other 15 teams we are competing with) or if Chris does stay and continue with the one up front method, then at least have a big target man to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Either Locadia or Andone on their own up top is not the answer.

Central midfield has to be more attack minded and for me is the key area to improve in (we need a Richard Carpenter type of midfielder for this level).

And finally some pace is needed. Either a new winger who is a speed merchant or at least one of the two central midfielders I think we need must possess some pace. Together with a pacey right back.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Well, we can't afford at least five players who are better than what we currently have; if we spread our funds over five or more players they won't be any better than our current lot. So what is your alternative?

We may have to sell Dunk or Duffy to help support the fund for more attacking players?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Buy some cheap foreign imports that nobody has heard of and set them alight on the PL then sell them for Zillions, making us right to buy by a multi Zillionaire, we then bring in the best players from all over the world, thrash Manchester City and Liverpool, win the Champions League and then go on to lift the World Cup.

That's a great plan, Walter. That's ****in' ingenious, if I understand it correctly. It's a Swiss ****in' watch.

:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hope that Jahakanbahsh Andone Locadia and Bissouma have learnt from this season and that Izyquierdo is fit and back running at defences.

I thought our Columbian man is out till Xmas ?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If Hughton carries on with his attitude of all teams in the Prem are better than us, 'batten down the hatches lads' approach, it will sort itself by October and he'll be gone! Our players are better than our style of play.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Pace. All the small teams who score goals rely on pace to do it. We have absolutely none in the middle of our team (Stephens, Propper, Gross, Murray).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
1) Address the wage structure - we are crying out for quality in a couple of areas.

2) We have to sign somewhat proven players. Obviously we're not going to be signing anyone ripping up Serie A, but there are players in those kinds of leagues who must surely shine in lesser teams.

3) We have to bring in someone who is mentally strong who can rally us on the pitch when under pressure. We looked a completely different team when the pressure came off. That is worrying.

4) We need to be in a position where we can respect ourselves a bit more, and perpetual 'our level' messages from the manager cannot be helping in that regard. We need to breed confidence even if it's blowing smoke up their backsides. We go a goal down, or they equalise, heads drop and nobody seems to know what to do other than initiate the narrowest back 4 you will ever see and more standardised back 4 deployed in front of them.

5) If CH is the man to take us forward, then say so ASAP and then sign players who FIT with how he wants to play.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
- 2 new fast and strong central midfielders

- 1 new striker

- A new right back.

Job done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here