Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Some thoughts on Manchester City and today's celebration

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
1. Good team that plays some decent football. Shame it's been put together with corrupt Arab money. Proof I guess that corruption can buy you anything you want.
2. What was all that virtue signalling with the deaf woman handing out the awards? For some reason people believe it has to be done in today's world. The worldwide audience for the award ceremony couldn't give a flying feck.
3. Why wasn't their tea lady introduced and brought out onto the pitch? Everyone else in their organisation was??
4. Credit to the City fans for applauding Bruno when he was subbed and also for applauding the Albion team during their lap of appreciation. Would they have been quite so magnanimous though if they hadn't just won the title?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First half hour our fans and the atmo were electric. As soon as the city 3rd went in they were good but before that poor - probably nerves. I liked giving the disabled lady the chance to present the medals - good on them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
1. Good team that plays some decent football. Shame it's been put together with corrupt Arab money. Proof I guess that corruption can buy you anything you want.
2. What was all that virtue signalling with the deaf woman handing out the awards? For some reason people believe it has to be done in today's world. The worldwide audience for the award ceremony couldn't give a flying feck.
3. Why wasn't their tea lady introduced and brought out onto the pitch? Everyone else in their organisation was??
4. Credit to the City fans for applauding Bruno when he was subbed and also for applauding the Albion team during their lap of appreciation. Would they have been quite so magnanimous though if they hadn't just won the title?

You missed the tea lady being introduced along with the program sellers etc

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

It is the sign of the times that people like you these days boil doing anything nice for people down to ‘virtue signalling’. Have a word with yourself.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
They had SIX full time Chefs. Counted them after the ridiculous number of medical staff.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

**** me. How many old and bitter threads on this do we need?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is the sign of the times that people like you these days boil doing anything nice for people down to ‘virtue signalling’. Have a word with yourself.

This.

What an utter plum (the OP).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You've been looking for a new phrase to attack the disabled for years. I'm glad the alt right have invented one and you found it on the internet.

Well done.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I had a fantastic time, I’ve never enjoyed a defeat so much! Taking the lead and 90 seconds of hope,great atmosphere, the sun was out, nice sporting gestures for Bruno/Kompany from opposing fans, flames, streamers that glided beautifully towards the North, emotion, applause, Bruno!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There were 25 arrests at the game today, I wonder how many were City fans that ran on the pitch.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There were 25 arrests at the game today, I wonder how many were City fans that ran on the pitch.

Serve them right you have to be thickest fans in the country. 30,600 fans today had basic intelligence to realise if you run on the pitch, no only would you miss the trophy celebration, but you would also miss the cup final and the next 10 seasons.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Goldstone - what a sad Mother F***er.

As for other, how many chefs do we have, how many medical staff looking after the team.

We would do exactly the same if we were ever in their shoes and I'm sure TB would insist on all the backroom staff being involved.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Disappointing that they equalised straight away with the ball going through Ryan's legs. It might have been a very different game and result if that didn't happen.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Piss poor support from them until they went 1-3 up. Shame we conceded when we did, could have been very different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here