Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving Kompany a Standing Ovation

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I was pretty enraged by that. I didn't see City fans giving Bruno an ovation but I'd have preferred had we recognised that we had been outclassed by kompany's team and he was the enemy. All I was feeling was bitter disappointment that we'd capitulated or rather been shown up so badly on the last day of the season.

Did you have your eyes closed? Their entire end was on their feet clapping Bruno as he went off, they did the same during his speech.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Same reason as so many applauded Gerrard when, after a lengthy layoff, he made a comeback as a sub for Liverpool at the Amex.

There are plenty of Albion season ticket holders who are Premier League/football fans rather than Brighton fans....imo
Maybe some Brighton fans are good sports? Many of us have clapped an outstanding opposition goal but don't care any less about BHA.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Sadly, the concept of sportsmanship seems to have passed by some of our fans completely...

I think you are talking about two totally different things.

Why would we applaud a player who has just played in a team that has completely gubbed us because they are miles better than us? It's everything that is wrong with modern football!

Well done Man City, you were the best team over the course of the season and are worthy winners of the title. Fair play to Liverpool for giving them such a close run.

I was back into the bar post the fourth City goal. It's been a shit season so no one deserved me staying out to watch them saunter round and take applause for what has been a shocking season. I'm very surprised so many stayed to watch City pick up the trophy. Made us look very two bob.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Palace is a rival. The top of the Premier league? Well as far as I'm concerned they are all enemies of football.

You need to make a stand if you are that embittered with it all. We will support you in your abstention.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Why would we applaud a player who has just played in a team that has completely gubbed us because they are miles better than us? It's everything that is wrong with modern football!

Well done Man City, you were the best team over the course of the season and are worthy winners of the title. Fair play to Liverpool for giving them such a close run.

I was back into the bar post the fourth City goal. It's been a shit season so no one deserved me staying out to watch them saunter round and take applause for what has been a shocking season. I'm very surprised so many stayed to watch City pick up the trophy. Made us look very two bob.

Isn’t it the lap of appreciation (players of the fans, not the other way round) ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

If you think showing respect is two bob, then I feel sorry for you.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

I applauded Kompany, I watched the celebrations. Why? Well I watched shite like Cambridge United and Hartlepool for years, so to see a team full of world class players win the Premier League with 98 points on our turf was something of a novelty. It also deserves respect. Vincent Kompany is an exceptional player, one of the greatest to grace the Premier League in the last decade. He commands respect. Man City fans and players (Kompany in particular) showed Bruno respect. I reciprocated. Not doing so would have been two bob in my opinion.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Like most around me, we left after the lap. I imagine people are exaggerating how many were left after that, as they tend to do the same with how many leave early to reinforce their points of view.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Man City fans and players (Kompany in particular) showed Bruno respect. I reciprocated. Not doing so would have been two bob in my opinion.

Oh come off it. They'd just won the Prem. When you're in that sort of mood, anyone will get a clap. Let's not pretend the City fans gave a toss about Bruno (most of them probably didn't even have a clue who he was). That was City's celebration day. Even I would've been applauded by them and I played terribly in that 2nd half.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Like most around me, we left after the lap. I imagine people are exaggerating how many were left after that, as they tend to do the same with how many leave early to reinforce their points of view.

I would estimate the ground was at least half full

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was pretty enraged by that. I didn't see City fans giving Bruno an ovation but I'd have preferred had we recognised that we had been outclassed by kompany's team and he was the enemy. All I was feeling was bitter disappointment that we'd capitulated or rather been shown up so badly on the last day of the season.

Every single one stood and clapped.

It's called 'class'.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Got to disagree with you there. I stayed to applaud BRUNO for the last time and for the the team and manager for their efforts this season......yes we may have been dogshit at times but I believe the players gave their all. We were just not good enough but you only have to watch Citeh play us off the park in the second half to realise we have not got the world class players at our disposal they have to compete at the VERY highest level. City were superb, we were not that bad, like the opposition in their previous 14? victories we were well beaten. I clapped off Kompany, I thought he deserved it, I didn't stay for the presentation as that was for the City fans IMHO but would not berate any Brighton fan for wanting to watch a little bit of history. I also joined in the ferocious anti City fans in our end which ended in their ejection......it was either that or it could have turned nasty as a few of our fans looked as if they would come to blows as they were celebrating. So horse for courses, I clapped of a player of the opposition because I respect that player......i would not have for Walker.
I don't agree this season has been aufull for every game and I am relieved it is over and we are still a Premier league Club. A lot of work needs to be done preseason, but then it does every year.......cant wait for next season, or the season after that, or after that?......?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is no right or wrong answer, everybody can do what they want :shrug:

Applaud who you want but don’t expect everyone to do or feel the same as you.

Storm in a teacup

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Behave - how is it two bob to stay and watch the premier league trophy presented at your own ground? Any other set of fans would do/have done the same, unless they were directly involved/rivals

Amazes me how precious some people are. Id be disappointed if any of the primary school age children i coach showed the lack of sportsmanship and maturity than some have shown on here

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here