Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving Kompany a Standing Ovation

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Christ almighty are we that bitter? I know it’s no longer sport but I like the idea of sportsmanship still, sort of old fashioned Knight chivalry...before we resume hacking each other to pieces! :)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I was pretty enraged by that. I didn't see City fans giving Bruno an ovation but I'd have preferred had we recognised that we had been outclassed by kompany's team and he was the enemy. All I was feeling was bitter disappointment that we'd capitulated or rather been shown up so badly on the last day of the season.

Rival, not enemy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Rumoured to be his last game for City...long standing player for the club..respected in the game...didn’t play for Palace...yep I gave him a short round of applause :shrug:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Our fans love a good clap. Bristol City at home springs to mind which cost us the title. :facepalm:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
City fans clapped Bruno off to a man as I saw it. I remained seated for Company and now feel slightly dirty. Sorry Vince, you were a superb player, unfortunately not for us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry, can't see the problem.

I applauded Kompany off, am I sorry? No......

Did I applaud Man City for winning the league? Yes....... Is that wrong as well?

I've applauded Jermaine Defoe as well and a few others.....

However, I've supported Brighton for over 40 years and love the team as much as anyone on here....... Getting wound up about this, rather than our lacklustre second half display is frankly, a little bizarre.....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I saw it as reciprocation from the respect they gave Bruno.

Could have gone a very different way mind, if we were winning. I imagine both players would have taken the dog's abuse in that case :lolol:

Football eh.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

However, I've supported Brighton for over 40 years and love the team as much as anyone on here....... Getting wound up about this, rather than our lacklustre second half display is frankly, a little bizarre.....

Yeah but it was great to see City play so well. We just witnessed the best team in the world absolutely dominate us in that 2nd half. Definitely worth an applause

Stuff of dreams.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sorry, can't see the problem.

I applauded Kompany off, am I sorry? No......

Did I applaud Man City for winning the league? Yes....... Is that wrong as well?

I've applauded Jermaine Defoe as well and a few others.....

After the lap of honour was done i left. Had no reason to stay behind and clap one of the most plastic clubs ever lifting the cup. You are right though about the 2nd half. It was utterly pathetic. We came out to defend a 2-1 deficit. Subs were to late. It was a nothing game and yet Hughton still choose to get 11 behind the ball. 1st half we did well despite conceding two really sloppy goals.

I might be in a minority but i still want Hughton out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah but it was great to see City play so well. We just witnessed the best team in the world.

Stuff of dreams.

Yes, I really do agree, but we just sat way too deep in the second half and made it easier for them, that is irks me a lot more, than people applauding a solid professional like Company.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Of course it would have been different if we were 2 0 up. Neither kompany nor bruno would have been subbed
End of season, we survived, they had won the league, respectful of both sets of teams players and fans to 2 club legends. Really, is it worth a whinge about? Looked class on the telly anyway, especially the bruno coming off and both sets of players involved. Kompany has been an incredible player for man city. Bruno for us, deserved plaudit. :clap2::clap2:

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
As a massive Brighton fan I was pleased to applaud a very good player and leader on maybe his last game for City

Rather like Bruno a great player who leads and speaks well

Both may become very good managers in due course. Let’s see how it pans out

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yes, I really do agree, but we just sat way too deep in the second half and made it easier for them, that is irks me a lot more, than people applauding a solid professional like Company.

It was more City are amazing than we were shit in that 2nd half.

Proud we are able to host such a great club with great players and watch them lift the trophy.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It was more City are amazing than we were shit in that 2nd half.

Proud we are able to host such a great club with great players and watch them lift the trophy.

Disagree.

Players gave up at 1-3. The body language said it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here