Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving Kompany a Standing Ovation

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The season is over, we are going into our 3rd year in the Premier League.
NSC has been a bit of a pit of negativity for the past few months or so.
Let's please make this the very last thing to moan about and look forward to the rumours, transfers and summer in general.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A perfect example of where we are today, football fan wise.

Whether for the better or worse is down to the individual, but today for me, after watching the game for many moons at many levels, sums up precisely the status quo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey. I reckon virtually every single City fan applauded at length when Bruno was making his way off. Not sure how you could have missed it. Fair play to them. Pretty sure this directly impacted most of us giving Kompany a decent send off.

If we’d just won the Premier League I’d have applauded everybody :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I clapped him, superb player who may be hanging up his boots. I am a football fan and see no issue with clapping and appreciating players from other teams if it is well deserved. Citeh fans clapped Bruno too.

Exactly. We’re die hard BHA fans but no shame in giving respect to a great player at the end of his career and a great pro. It was classy.

Personally gave all the English City players a clap when they got their medals. Although did boo Walker just for fun.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Blimey. I reckon virtually every single City fan applauded at length when Bruno was making his way off. Not sure how you could have missed it. Fair play to them. Pretty sure this directly impacted most of us giving Kompany a decent send off.

My son said the same to me. :ffsparr: I didn't have the best afternoon and did a fair bit of ranting when kompany went off. For the first time ever, I sent myself to the vomitory for 5 minutes to cool off as I was losing the plot. I am very disenchanted with football atm but can't seem to shake off my love for Albion. In fairness, that was a class act from the city fans, and players, credit where credit was due.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I did wonder if they’d have been so gracious if we were 2-0 up at the time [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You can 100% guarantee that every City fan would have been hurling abuse and been telling him to get off the ****ing pitch quickly.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Wonder if they’d applauded Bruno if they were losing.

Sorry - just don’t get it....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Same reason as so many applauded Gerrard when, after a lengthy layoff, he made a comeback as a sub for Liverpool at the Amex.

There are plenty of Albion season ticket holders who are Premier League/football fans rather than Brighton fans....imo

Or football fans.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Respect for a top player who seems like a very decent chap. Same as they did for Bruno. Pretty commonplace for oppo fans to show respect in that way.

Silly question by the op imo.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I was pretty enraged by that. I didn't see City fans giving Bruno an ovation but I'd have preferred had we recognised that we had been outclassed by kompany's team and he was the enemy. All I was feeling was bitter disappointment that we'd capitulated or rather been shown up so badly on the last day of the season.

Enraged! You need to get out more pal

All city fans applauded Bruno. Unsure how you missed that!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Class from the Albion fans, I applauded as he is a great player and good manners cost nothing as mum used to say. The city fans and players respected Bruno so I see no problem doing the same for Kompany.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here