Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving Kompany a Standing Ovation

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The Man City love in continues :rolleyes:

Absolutely not a love in from my perspective.

I didn't watch the Cup Final - I had other stuff to do - and had no interest in the game which, predictably, ended in a rout. No matter how beautifully they play football, they are boring. It is boring to watch one team being so consistently dominant. It is boring to watch a match where you know who is going to win before it starts.

They are a plaything of an oil rich nation, and the Premier League is the worse for it. Competition has been nullified, and you begin to wonder what the point is.

Despite all this, I clapped Kompany. I like him, he was clearly leaving, and to me he represents something of the soul that is being lost in the game.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So i suppose those that clapped gambled right. Point is, at the Amex he hadn’t. I just didn’t get it as he could just as well have carried on at City, Bruno was retiring not leaving.

Nobody clapped at first, as I remember it. The applause began when he made such a point of seemingly waving goodbye to the City fans, and getting the same sort of attention from the players as he left the pitch as Bruno had got. It became clear that this was probably his last league game for the club, and the Albion fans responded by showing him the respect that he deserved.

IMHO.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nobody clapped at first, as I remember it. The applause began when he made such a point of seemingly waving goodbye to the City fans, and getting the same sort of attention from the players as he left the pitch as Bruno had got. It became clear that this was probably his last league game for the club, and the Albion fans responded by showing him the respect that he deserved.

IMHO.

Anyone who witnessed that could really only come to one conclusion, therefore it was right that he was applauded off. He has been a great example to other players on how to conduct yourself.

Showing respect for a model pro who has graced the top flight in this country should not be beyond the supporters of other teams.

He's going out at the top.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Oh really?

Have you not read the comments on the FA Cup final thread?

Am I right that you .. don`t appreciate good players and good football then. I love to watch the worlds best playing !! The World cup ,Brazil and Argentina at their best, Barcelona ,Ronaldo, Messi etc.
Are you just BHA and bollocks to the rest ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Am I right that you .. don`t appreciate good players and good football then. I love to watch the worlds best playing !! The World cup ,Brazil and Argentina at their best, Barcelona ,Ronaldo, Messi etc.
Are you just BHA and bollocks to the rest ?

You could say that.
I watch Albion, local non league football, non league u-23s ( sons team ) and youth football ( sons team ) .

I actually didn' pay much attention to the Premier League until Albion got there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Absolutely not a love in from my perspective.

I didn't watch the Cup Final - I had other stuff to do - and had no interest in the game which, predictably, ended in a rout. No matter how beautifully they play football, they are boring. It is boring to watch one team being so consistently dominant. It is boring to watch a match where you know who is going to win before it starts.

They are a plaything of an oil rich nation, and the Premier League is the worse for it. Competition has been nullified, and you begin to wonder what the point is.

Despite all this, I clapped Kompany. I like him, he was clearly leaving, and to me he represents something of the soul that is being lost in the game.

I can't really argue with any of that.
i did watch the match as I'd been out all day and was relaxing at home, can't say I enjoyed it though.
It was boring apart from when Watford came close to scoring in the first half.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here