Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Man City

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Sunday 12th May 2019
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett
Fourth official: Paul Tierney

TEAM NEWS

Kevin de Bruyne could be involved in Manchester City's title decider after recovering from a hamstring injury.

Fernandinho remains out with a knee problem and is doubtful for the FA Cup final, while Benjamin Mendy and Claudio Bravo are also still sidelined.

Brighton's only absentees are Davy Propper and Jose Izquierdo, who are out with respective hamstring and knee problems.

Captain Bruno is set for his final game before retiring from playing.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Guy Mowbray: Everybody I've spoken to has been of a similar mind - that at some point in the afternoon Liverpool will be top of the Premier League.

Most think City will be there by the only time it matters.

So where DO you look to state the case for a final-day slip by the team that's won 13 league games in a row?

Brighton? Even if at the top of their game, it still comes down to City being on theirs. If they are, they win.

Pressure? City's players have handled that all season.

'The football Gods'? They've been busy this week already and may be the only explanation if it happens!

It's City's title to lose. It's all our loss that this magnificent season is nearly done.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Chris Hughton: "The message to my players on Sunday will be about the respect for this division.

"It's a home match for us which we want to win - it so happens there's big meaning.

"The top two can't be split - they've both been outstanding. One won't win the title, whoever doesn't will come second with an incredible amount of points."

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "It is better to focus on what we have to do. If we win we don't have to look at anything else.

"It's a dream to be here, I didn't expect it when we were seven points behind [Liverpool, at the start of 2019].

"We've shown many things. If we make back to back it would be nice but nothing is going to change too much - the fact is we have done incredibly well all season."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Manchester City have won their last four meetings with Brighton in all competitions, including two this season.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost all three of their Premier League games versus City by two-goal margins.
    [*=left]They last claimed league points against City in a second-tier game on 1 April 1989, winning 2-1 at the Goldstone Ground thanks to an Alan Curbishley penalty and an Ian Brightwell own goal.

Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have played 11 top-flight matches against reigning champions without winning (D2, L9), more than any other team.
    [*=left]They are winless in eight league games (D3, L5), although they have only lost one of their previous four matches, conceding just three times.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have ended their last three top-flight seasons with a defeat, including a 4-0 loss at Liverpool last term.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray scored seven times in Brighton's first seven Premier League home games this season but he has failed to net in the subsequent 11 top-flight matches at the Amex Stadium.
    [*=left]Murray did, however, register his first Premier League assist for Brighton in their last home game, a 1-1 draw with Newcastle.

Man City

• [*=left]A win will guarantee Manchester City claim their fourth Premier League title, and sixth overall in the top flight.
    [*=left]City would be the first team retain the Premier League trophy since Manchester United 10 years ago.
    [*=left]They can also become the first team to end a top-flight campaign with 14 consecutive victories, breaking Arsenal's record of 13 in 2001-02.
    [*=left]A 32nd win of the season would also equal the top-flight record, set by City last season.
    [*=left]Pep Guardiola's side have claimed at least one league victory against every side they have faced for the second consecutive season; the only other team to achieve this in the English top flight are Preston in 1888-89 and 1889-90.
    [*=left]City have not lost on the final day of the season since 2013, when defeated 3-2 by a Norwich side managed by current Brighton boss Chris Hughton.
    [*=left]They have won all 21 of the Premier League matches in which Oleksandr Zinchenko has played.
    [*=left]Sergio Aguero's tally of 31 goals in all competitions leaves him two shy of matching his highest total for City in a single season, set in 2016-17.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Welcome to what might be one of the most significant days in our history.

The eyes of the world are on us.

We are king makers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we will be needing a MOTM performance from our diddy Australian :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just very happy we are no longer bothered about Man Utd v Cardiff today !!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Whatever happens this afternoon, after the last 6 weeks it's so nice going to watch Albion today stress free.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today, are we allowed to smoke?:-

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Gonna be weird watching it in a "neutral" pub today - even if I'm the only Albion fan, half the pub will be cheering us on. There will be a massive roar if we score.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Just hope the players turn in a performance to be proud of whatever the end result , a performance the fans deserve , a performance for themselves , a performance for the club & a performance for man of the day Bruno who deserves the best send off possible.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We'll get spanked

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk
Probably.

But Citeh are just the side show today for the main event [emoji22]

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Watching SSN and they have shown all those last day incidents and I'm thinking 'I was at home for that' or 'wow, wish I was there'. Today, I will be there in person witnessing history. In years to come todays game will be shown over and over again. I was lucky enough to be 'there' when Japan won at rugby. Today I will be there when City loose the title.
Meanwhile on BBC1 they have two fans. Quote from the City fan "If we go 1:0 down we will all be a bag of nerves", let's hope the team will be as well.
Proud to simply be a part of history in our little way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here