Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On a positive, Thank God the season has finished. It couldn't have come sooner

As a kid in the Taylor/Mullery era, I used to be gutted with the summer break from football (a genuine 3+ months then).

These days, relieved.

Although the media will relentlessly talk about transfer gossip, starting tomorrow. So thank God for music DAB channels and YouTube to swerve that pointless waffle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a kid in the Taylor/Mullery era, I used to be gutted with the summer break from football (a genuine 3+ months then).

These days, relieved.

Although the media will relentlessly talk about transfer gossip, starting tomorrow. So thank God for music DAB channels and YouTube to swerve that pointless waffle.

Enjoy your break from NSC then :wink:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Mentally weak, as we have been for a while. We need some leaders and aggressive upmarket Danny Cullips

Couldn't agree more.

Even some of the middle of the road teams in the Prem like Watford have the mentality to keep going no matter the circumstance as they demonstrated in their FA cup comeback against Wolves. When we concede in any game the heads drop and there seems to be a feeling of inevitability amongst the players that we'll lose.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
2008 Swansea celebrated winning the title at Withdean on the last day.

The ground was pretty much empty by the time the trophy came out.

So are you saying Amex fans show more sportsmanship than Withdean?
Or just telling everyone that you were there? Not sure of the relevance.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Strange game, thought we started quite well and got the goal, then we seemed to meekly surrender. I know we were playing one of the best teams in the world but once we went 1-0 up I thought we would show a bit more defensive resilience and try and hold out for half time, after Aguero's quick leveler we then conspired to gift them a goal via a free header from a corner.

I think in the final analysis, despite a bright start and the calibre of player we were up against, it was a disappointing performance. In the 2nd half I don't even recall an attack.

Half time team talk, WTF are you doing over the half way line, get back in your baskets. However, thought we looked good for a while.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
2008 Swansea celebrated winning the title at Withdean on the last day.

The ground was pretty much empty by the time the trophy came out.

There is a .. slight .. difference between the champion of the third division and the winners of one of the strongest leagues in the world.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
For those criticising the Premier League for having such a huge gulf in class between the big 6 and the rest, have a look at every other league in the world.

We're comparably lucky, as what started as a big 2, became a big 4, and is now a big 6. With little old Leicester even winning a title amongst them. Most leagues are a two horse race, some even have the same team winning every year.

The 25 point gap between second and third suggests we are back to a big 2. Leicester was a thrill (apart from it being Leicester), but the chances of that happening again are pretty remote.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Celtic, Bayern, PSG, Citeh .... all deserve zero respect from opposing fans. Cheque book management.

I was just there to watch it, not every day that sort of thing happens at home eh?

I don’t like city, but to get 198 points in two seasons in a league that has dominated Europe this season, that’s impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here