Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BBC Sport Football front page

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should this wind me up, because it does?

There is a Championship playoff ongoing and what do we get on the front page

Fecking Scottish full time scores

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football

Edit, although I see there is now a link to the Championship playoff on the page, pretty sure it wasn’t there a few minutes ago.

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Should this wind me up, because it does?

There is a Championship playoff ongoing and what do we get on the front page

Fecking Scottish full time scores

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football

The BBC bingo, let me guess:

An article on racism.

An article on sexism.

Various pictures of Klopp and Guardiola.

Scattered women's football news.

Garth Crooks spouting his usual nonsense.

Very little on any of the lower division playoffs.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The BBC bingo, let me guess:

An article on racism.

An article on sexism.

Various pictures of Klopp and Guardiola.

Scattered women's football news

Garth Crooks spouting his usual nonsense.

Very little on any of the lower division playoffs.

In truth giving the Scottish Premier League precedence over the Championship when listing leagues has wound me up for years :smile:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Same with cricket. They put the scores/results of some Indian two-bit league ahead of some UK scores. Ridiculous.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In truth giving the Scottish Premier League precedence over the Championship when listing leagues has wound me up for years :smile:
On what grounds do you base your disgruntlement. Is the BBC Licence fee paid at a higher rate than it is in Scotland ?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
On what grounds do you base your disgruntlement. Is the BBC Licence fee paid at a higher rate than it is in Scotland ?

We are in England, surely the BBC can let Scotland have their own front page? In fact a standalone BBC Scotland sports page

I have NO INTEREST in Scottish football. IMO it should be below League Two

Yep that’s how strongly I feel about it

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
We are in England, surely the BBC can let Scotland have their own front page? In fact a standalone BBC Scotland sports page

Blimey, maybe you should go on a different site?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, maybe you should go on a different site?

You may be right, the buggers have removed the live playoff final link on the front page :lolol:

Edit and now it’s back again :rolleyes:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

That's the same "self entitled elitest" views that you get from Arsenal Chelsea Liverpool and Man United fans have. It isn't pleasant to read. BBC Football. It has a search thread and rightly it covers all licence payers. You can search in more detail for what you specifically want to see.

I don't claim that Scottish football is of a great standard but when the Top League in England isn't playing today. It is not unreasonable to expect that for one day in the course of a season that the Scottish Top Division should take precedence

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Front page of BBC and yet Alex McAllister can't get a work permit.

This country needs a definitive answer to 'The Jocko Problem'.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's the same "self entitled elitest" views that you get from Arsenal Chelsea Liverpool and Man United fans have. It isn't pleasant to read. BBC Football. It has a search thread and rightly it covers all licence payers. You can search in more detail for what you specifically want to see.

I don't claim that Scottish football is of a great standard but when the Top League in England isn't playing today. It is not unreasonable to expect that for one day in the course of a season that the Scottish Top Division should take precedence

I do not intend to offend, apologies if I have but it’s something I’ve thought for years :shrug:

It’s just my opinion.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018

You are not the only one, both my partner and I feel very strongly about this too .

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The day I get THAT wound up aboot the content of a website it's the day I stop using the World Wide Internet...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The day I get THAT wound up aboot the content of a website it's the day I stop using the World Wide Internet...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

THIS!

You can find almost anything you want on the interweb with a 30 second search. The days of needing someone else to curate things for you are long gone. That said it’s hardly a surprise that the top league in Scotland is shown before the second tier in England when the national broadcaster has an obligation to treat both countries equally :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
THIS!

You can find almost anything you want on the interweb with a 30 second search. The days of needing someone else to curate things for you are long gone. That said it’s hardly a surprise that the top league in Scotland is shown before the second tier in England when the national broadcaster has an obligation treat both countries equally :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful you'll have [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] arguing that they are not countries [emoji23].

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here