Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket upgrade price

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I've just upgraded an u18 ticket to an adult for tomorrow’s game and had to pay £38. When doing the same for a team lower down the league (eg Cardiff) the cost was in the low £20s. Does anybody know if there is an algorithm, or document, that dictates the massive price shift please? Of course, I understand that Manchester City is a bigger pull than Cardiff, but the price for the upgrade for these games seems (to me at least) to be particularly opportunistic and arbitrary. It would be interesting, as a supporter, to see the mathematics and marketing that allows the club to charge so much for what is now a meaningless game (for BHAFC at least).

I have contacted the club also. Pending their reply, I just wanted to know if anybody on here has any inside knowledge about it.

Last edited:

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
They changed they way they do it a couple of years ago.

The cost to upgrade is now simply the full match day ticket price minus the pro-rata of the ST.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
They changed they way they do it a couple of years ago.

The cost to upgrade is now simply the full match day ticket price minus the pro-rata of the ST.

Thanks for that - I guess I'm raging against a system that allows a company (such as airlines/hotels in holiday times) to charge apparently what they like - market forces etc

Thanks for letting me know - didn't realise they'd changed things

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Matches are graded A-C depending on various factors. The match day prices reflect the grading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here