Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Let The Love In Continue

el punal

I’ve quite enjoyed the old footie over the last week. Full of bonhomie and grateful love and limitless amounts of gratitude. To start off, Palace do us an enormous favour down in Cardiff and we give them a metaphorical, back of the bike shed, grudging hand job for helping us out. :sick:

The following day we hold Arsenal to a draw at their library, stopping them gaining the points for Champions League qualification but allowing Spurs, of all teams, to hold on to that valuable fourth spot in the table. Cue shed loads of “we love you Chris Hughton, a true lifelong Spurs man. We love Brighton, a great place to go to, blah! blah!” on every Tottenham fans’ forum and message board. Even Chelsea fans join in on the act.

Then we have the universal, worldwide love for Liverpool and Tottenham for producing the most bat-crazy, exhilarating Champions League performances for decades.

And, now, it’s all about US. We, the kingmakers. Can we overturn Man.City and show the world that we can compete at the highest level? Realistically, no. Not a cat in hell’s chance. A good showing perhaps, but that’s all. Or is it? This crazy week has shown that the impossible can be possible, and maybe, just maybe the Gods of good fortune will look down on us favourably after the last awful few months. And, if that does happen, expect the love of Liverpool to come raining down on us in orgasmic delight!

Whatever happens I’m looking forward to it. :albion2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I absolutely cannot wait for tomorrow and will shed a proper man tear when Bruno walks off the pitch. But if I had to bet serious money it would go on us metaphorically coming out wearing shades, board shorts and flowery shirts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve quite enjoyed the old footie over the last week. Full of bonhomie and grateful love and limitless amounts of gratitude. To start off, Palace do us an enormous favour down in Cardiff and we give them a metaphorical, back of the bike shed, grudging hand job for helping us out. :sick:

The following day we hold Arsenal to a draw at their library, stopping them gaining the points for Champions League qualification but allowing Spurs, of all teams, to hold on to that valuable fourth spot in the table. Cue shed loads of “we love you Chris Hughton, a true lifelong Spurs man. We love Brighton, a great place to go to, blah! blah!” on every Tottenham fans’ forum and message board. Even Chelsea fans join in on the act.

Then we have the universal, worldwide love for Liverpool and Tottenham for producing the most bat-crazy, exhilarating Champions League performances for decades.

And, now, it’s all about US. We, the kingmakers. Can we overturn Man.City and show the world that we can compete at the highest level? Realistically, no. Not a cat in hell’s chance. A good showing perhaps, but that’s all. Or is it? This crazy week has shown that the impossible can be possible, and maybe, just maybe the Gods of good fortune will look down on us favourably after the last awful few months. And, if that does happen, expect the love of Liverpool to come raining down on us in orgasmic delight!

Yep, like a mug, I really do believe tomorrow could be very special.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I’m looking forward to tomorrow a lot more than I was for the Wembley game, really getting excited! Can we win? Yes. Ok, it’ll take luck, playing at our best and a miss firing City, but yes we can win. 97th minute, Bruno 30 yarder in front of the North!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I absolutely cannot wait for tomorrow and will shed a proper man tear when Bruno walks off the pitch. But if I had to bet serious money it would go on us metaphorically coming out wearing shades, board shorts and flowery shirts.

I think Bruno's announcement does slightly increase our odds of 'the world's biggest giant killing in the world's greatest league'.

Sure with chances of a win previously being at 0.00024%, there's still an awful lot of wiggle room. :lol:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Interesting comments about Spurs fans, we were subjected to a fair degree of venom once they scored and some minor aggro.

I want a 3-0 win Bruno , Dunk and Murray. for 30 hours i will live the dream.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Brilliant post. My thoughts exactly.

el punal

Interesting comments about Spurs fans, we were subjected to a fair degree of venom once they scored and some minor aggro.

I want a 3-0 win Bruno , Dunk and Murray. for 30 hours i will live the dream.

Some of the posters on their fans forum actually retracted what derogatory comments they made about us after our visit. Having held Arsenal they realised that we were not in a position to play exhilarating, expansive football and that every point we gained was for survival. It’s a shame they didn’t hold those comments when we lost 1-0 to them two weeks ago.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
We really are the kingmakers. More so than anyone else, City and Liverpool are both entirely dependent on how we decide to turn up. Either way, we’ll be laughing at someone tomorrow.

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
The global tv audience must be playing a part in the players minds, plus the emotion of Brunos farewell, for those reasons i can only see a hard fought well earned 1-1 draw.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hope you all enjoy it. Tomorrow is the intermediate Brighton district golf S( no idea what S stands for) cup, East Brighton, Brighton and hove ( us) , the dyke and west hove GC and we tee off at around 8 am..playing morning and afternoon.

If we lose in the morning I will be pining for my ST and you guys!

Have a great time everyone and whatever the result, give the boys a decent send off especially Bruno, one of my Heroes

I have a sneaking suspicion we will turn city over!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm absolutely gutted to not be there tomorrow, especially now that Bruno is retiring. I stupidly booked a holiday in Spain after a few beers. :ffsparr: Any how, down to the local Spanish bar to watch it. There's a couple of city fans (from Manchester) here and a Liverpool fan (scouser) who will also be going to the pub to watch it, so could be very interesting. :albion2:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm absolutely gutted to not be there tomorrow, especially now that Bruno is retiring. I stupidly booked a holiday in Spain after a few beers. :ffsparr: Any how, down to the local Spanish bar to watch it. There's a couple of city fans (from Manchester) here and a Liverpool fan (scouser) who will also be going to the pub to watch it, so could be very interesting. :albion2:

Interesting indeed. You're going to be popular. With someone

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here