Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno Testimonial

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry but not for me, the ten year rule applied for Messrs Mayo, Hart and Kuipers, and they rightly reaped the benefits.

It’s sets a precedent, and where do you end up drawing the line?

Don’t get me wrong, he’s been a great servant, but I can think off the top of my head of two players who are in the queue ahead of him, Ian Chapman and Adam El Abd, and frankly they didn’t have the advantage of Premier League wages.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Sorry but not for me, the ten year rule applied for Messrs Mayo, Hart and Kuipers, and they rightly reaped the benefits.

It’s sets a precedent, and where do you end up drawing the line?

Don’t get me wrong, he’s been a great servant, but I can think off the top of my head of two players who are in the queue ahead of him, Ian Chapman and Adam El Abd, and frankly they didn’t have the advantage of Premier League wages.

What about Jimmy Case?...Even over 2 spells at the Albion he did not manage to rack-up 10 years service, yet was honoured with a testimonial.

It does not look as though we are losing Bruno though as he will staying at the club anyway.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Testimonials are not for people who earn the money that pro footballers earn these days. Back in the day when pros had to contend with a maximum wage, testimonials were relevant, but nowadays it is crap. I'd love to kick a ball around for £10k a week or whatever they earn, I'd even do it for £500 a week if I could. I've had to do hard graft for more than 40 years to earn what I do - these guys just play football. They're not going to war or making any great sacrifices, they are playing a game for Christ's sake. Great player, lovely man but no, no, no.

It doesn't matter how popular he is, I will never go his or any other testimonial again. If I wanted to give my money away, it would be to a deserving charity not a wealthy individual.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What about Jimmy Case?...Even over 2 spells at the Albion he did not manage to rack-up 10 years service, yet was honoured with a testimonial.

It does not look as though we are losing Bruno though as he will staying at the club anyway.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

I think that was part of his contract when he re signed for the club in 1993, and as much as he was a club legend, it didn’t make it right.

Although the game against Liverpool was the night that Robbie Fowler ‘scored’ off the pitch rather than on it!

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Testimonials are not for people who earn the money that pro footballers earn these days. Back in the day when pros had to contend with a maximum wage, testimonials were relevant, but nowadays it is crap. I'd love to kick a ball around for £10k a week or whatever they earn, I'd even do it for £500 a week if I could. I've had to do hard graft for more than 40 years to earn what I do - these guys just play football. They're not going to war or making any great sacrifices, they are playing a game for Christ's sake. Great player, lovely man but no, no, no.

It doesn't matter how popular he is, I will never go his or any other testimonial again. If I wanted to give my money away, it would be to a deserving charity not a wealthy individual.

Absolutely agree. If he wanted a celebration match and all the money went to charity fair enough, otherwise no

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here