Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] lap of appreciation

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
If City win forget all about our players doing their lap Surely City fans will invade the pitch at the final whistle as we would if we had won the league.For this reason lets hope if City are winning,Bruno gets subbed so he at least can get the send off he deserves.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our players will do their lap of appreciation. If City win, they'll just have to wait. The dais will have to be built for the presentation of the trophy and that takes time. There might be one or two muppets who try to get on the pitch, but I doubt there will be a pitch invasion.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Hope of course we win ,but if City end up champs I suspect more than one/two muppets will invade the pitch.It's a long tradition in the game and we have done it ourselves.It's far more of a tradition than the rather naff lap of appreciation.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hope of course we win ,but if City end up champs I suspect more than one/two muppets will invade the pitch.It's a long tradition in the game and we have done it ourselves.It's far more of a tradition than the rather naff lap of appreciation.

It’s not really a tradition from an away end is it!?

I can’t ever remember a pitch invasion in the event of a team securing the title at an away ground? In fact, other than City, I don’t remember many pitch invasions for winning the title period.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

I can’t ever remember a pitch invasion in the event of a team securing the title at an away ground? In fact, other than City, I don’t remember many pitch invasions for winning the title period.
This. Clubs very half-heartedly make the right noises about preventing home fan pitch invasions but ultimately it is accepted practice and good natured.

I'll be surprised and a bit annoyed if City fans are allowed on at The Amex.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Probably easier to manage as it’s only the away end that needs controlling. A line of stewards across front and a few police in attendance will keep the tourists at bay.

Be interesting to see how many Albion stay to watch/clap the runners up celebration :rave:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Probably easier to manage as it’s only the away end that needs controlling. A line of stewards across front and a few police in attendance will keep the tourists at bay.

Be interesting to see how many Albion stay to watch/clap the runners up celebration :rave:

Bring in the 'orses! That'll fool 'em.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Erm what about when we won League 1 @ Walsall...

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I really hope no City fan shows such disrespect as to try and sabotage our time saying farewell to our boys for the summer. This is an important moment for us, but on this occasion it is INCREDIBLY important that we get to show Bruno the love and appreciation he deserves. Any City fan who is incapable of behaving will shame themselves and their club in front of the entire world, and leave a very bitter taste in the mouths of most Albion fans.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As soon as the home exit gates are opened there could be City fans entering making it far less easy to stop them going on the pitch.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Simple their fans invade the pitch ,our fans do likewise,crowd trouble ,we get docked 3 points .Cardiff win at Man U and we get relegated,this is what the FA want

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I don’t find it naff at all...still you don’t have to stay and watch

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

We were on the pitch at Shrewsbury, all of us, last game when we went up from division 3, i think? I do remember shouting in Danny Cullips face :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here