Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tranmere v Forest Green

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was just thinking that. He's hilariously bad when he's on the ball, but an absolute mountain.

I learned tonight that the big lad up front for Tranmere, James Norwood (the most prolific striker in the lower leagues for the last couple of seasons) is not in fact a big sturdy Northerner as I'd expected, but a Sussex born former public schoolboy, originally from Eastbourne, who was once on Albion's books as a kid (and Palace's) before being rejected.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Not that long ago we finished second bottom of the professional football league not once but two seasons running, we were truly poor then, play offs are showcasing some of the best, humility is a great gift

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Love watching payoffs at all levels, it wasn’t that long ago (or seems so to me, probably because I’m old) that we were in these divisions and won promotion from these leagues and won games, and when we did I felt the same happy feeling as I do today when we win. So I know for the fans of these clubs this is as big a deal as any semi final and final in any cup competition in the world.

You also so see some incredible goals that if scored by anyone in the top six would be shown everywhere, like one scored in this game.

Bravo

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I watched Perth v Adelaide in the pub last night, the winner goes into the A league final.
Half decent game, Perth were 2 - 0 up at 86 mins then Adelaide managed to score 2 goals in the last 4 mins of normal time and 4 mins of added on time, sound familiar ?
It went to extra time and Perth scored in the first half, then Adelaide scored in the second half.
It went to penalties which Perth managed to win 5 - 4, it took 8 penalties each to get there, Perth missed 3 and Adelaide missed 4.
Game wasn't bad to watch, but the penalties were abysmal.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Standard of football is rank (oooh, look at PL types getting all superior etc [emoji23][emoji23]) but not a bad watch. Plenty of incidents.

Commentator clearly thought that shot that was deflected wide had gone in [emoji23][emoji23]
I have suffered decades of watching us play abysmal shite....

"FOR GODS SAKE. at least pass to somebody in the same colour shirt just once"

and breathe.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Half time in the all-important second leg. 1-1, giving Tranmere a 2-1 aggregate lead.

Some absolutely top quality aimless HOOFING from both teams. Special mention to the Tranmere player taking the ball into the corner to see out the end of the first half :clap2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Eastbourne Boy scores his 32nd of the season to put Tranny ahead on aggregate.

No, I don't think he Could Do A Job.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Forest Green down to ten men after Winchester clearly forgot he'd already been booked, given it was a NAILED ON booking for stopping the break.

Incidentally, the Forest Green players do seem very angry. Maybe they need to eat some meat.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here