Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tranmere v Forest Green

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Probably just me, and then because I'm home alone for a night, but is anyone else justifying their eye-watering digital TV package by watching this lowliest of EFL playoffs?

So far we've seen Mike Dean watching from the stands, a sending off after 15 minutes for a kick in the bollocks and, just now, an incredible strike from 35 yards given by goal line tech. Luckily for Tranmere, since I'd like Micky Mellon's chavs to do over the Village Vegans (and I'm a remainer).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I watched Newport a bit and christ that is appalling football!

This tranmere is also shite and they are singing the bassouma song!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I ruddy love the playoffs.

Turned it on just before the goal. An absolute THUNDERBOLT off the underside of the bar.

Was it a definite red card? Haven't seen a replay yet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Standard of football is rank (oooh, look at PL types getting all superior etc [emoji23][emoji23]) but not a bad watch. Plenty of incidents.

Commentator clearly thought that shot that was deflected wide had gone in [emoji23][emoji23]

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I ruddy love the playoffs.

Turned it on just before the goal. An absolute THUNDERBOLT off the underside of the bar.

Was it a definite red card? Haven't seen a replay yet.

Not the worst offence, but did kick out as he went down so probably the right decision

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not the worst offence, but did kick out as he went down so probably the right decision

A graphic just came up saying FG haven't committed a foul yet! I'm guessing that's not right.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Love watching payoffs at all levels, it wasn’t that long ago (or seems so to me, probably because I’m old) that we were in these divisions and won promotion from these leagues and won games, and when we did I felt the same happy feeling as I do today when we win. So I know for the fans of these clubs this is as big a deal as any semi final and final in any cup competition in the world.

You also so see some incredible goals that if scored by anyone in the top six would be shown everywhere, like one scored in this game.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Always had a soft spot for Tranmere since Frank Worthington and Ian Muir went there +check your Albion history)
I went up to watch their play off final win last season and really pleased they have done this well this season.

A bit of blood and thunder football is great after watching Premiership stuff all season

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A graphic just came up saying FG haven't committed a foul yet! I'm guessing that's not right.

Technically could be right - think the player that kicked out was fouled, and kicked out as he went down so the foul would have been by the opposition and the sending off for violent conduct

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Tranmere no 6, Monthe, is brilliant / awful. Touch of a ham fisted wrestler arranging flowers, yet nothing's getting past him. Easy to relate to for any Sunday League vets out there.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Tranmere no 6, Monthe, is brilliant / awful. Touch of a ham fisted wrestler arranging flowers, yet nothing's getting past him. Easy to relate to for any Sunday League vets out there.

I was just thinking that. He's hilariously bad when he's on the ball, but an absolute mountain.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Love watching payoffs at all levels, it wasn’t that long ago (or seems so to me, probably because I’m old) that we were in these divisions and won promotion from these leagues and won games, and when we did I felt the same happy feeling as I do today when we win. So I know for the fans of these clubs this is as big a deal as any semi final and final in any cup competition in the world.

You also so see some incredible goals that if scored by anyone in the top six would be shown everywhere, like one scored in this game.

Virgo.

Anyone not there is, to missquote Danny Baker, a poor half-alive *******.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Us coming up with an original chant...

What do you think?

Indeed.

What are Palace singing now? ???

(I ****ing hate it when we copy a Palace song. That is unforgiveable in my books. And my books are dark).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tranny won 1-0. Emotional.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills