Dec 21, 2011
Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Need to fix the thread title, pal.

As it happens there is a site where you can download hundred of John Peel programmes, so I get to hear him often on my iPOD....

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Need to fix the thread title, pal.

As it happens there is a site where you can download hundred of John Peel programmes, so I get to hear him often on my iPOD....

Good spot. Thanks I have also streamed full Peel's, but I meant that we'll never hear a brand new one.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...for anyone who will be at a bit of a loss at three minutes past nine tomorrow morning...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tomorrow it's going to be shite at work.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I'm sure this must be at least the 3rd time Baker's been sacked by the BBC. Give it a couple of years and they'll ease him back in on BBC London before getting Saturday mornings back to normal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure this must be at least the 3rd time Baker's been sacked by the BBC. Give it a couple of years and they'll ease him back in on BBC London before getting Saturday mornings back to normal.

yes, at least twice, one more was a score draw when he asked for a pay rise, was refused, so worked his contract out and left bemoaning the mean spirited bean counters of the BEEB !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Timbo show on Radio Mercury...the heart of the Saaaaff!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It is. 606 for 'glorifying violence'. Utter disgrace - he absolutely wan't.

I loved sitting in my garden listening to his 606 in the early 90s. He invented 606. His successor was also sacked for 'controversial' comments (bloke called Diamond). Then they appointed the anodyne lickspittle, David 'Chelsea' Mellor, who actually read the programme from a script. FFS

DB's chat programme talking about vinyl on TV is a masterclass.

I'm still livid he's been dumped again.

And I was in the Vortex the night Elvis died, and DB announced it on stage and got rightly mocked for paying homage to the epitome of Teddy Boy tosh (I had been attacked by Teds on Wardour Street weeks earlier). And DB also liked 'oi!' for a bit. So I had reason to dislike him. But I don't.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
And DB also liked 'oi!' for a bit.

Are you sure? I'll bow to your superior knowledge, but I've no memory of that. Gary Bushell in Sounds yes, but in my memory, the NME had no time for it and Baker's attempts at popping his colleagues' pseud bubble were more about Chic and Earth Wind and Fire than the Cockney Rejects.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you sure? I'll bow to your superior knowledge, but I've no memory of that. Gary Bushell in Sounds yes, but in my memory, the NME had no time for it and Baker's attempts at popping his colleagues' pseud bubble were more about Chic and Earth Wind and Fire than the Cockney Rejects.

His affection was very short lived. But, yes, the Bushell was the leader here. DB was a gadfly back then. Ostensibly a punk fan, but as we know now, music finished in 76 for him.

Incidentally I was on holiday in Purtugal some years ago and bumped into the Bushell, trying to find a parking space and mobile signal. I ignored the ****er. What a dirty rotter. ???

:lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
His affection was very short lived. But, yes, the Bushell was the leader here. DB was a gadfly back then. Ostensibly a punk fan, but as we know now, music finished in 76 for him.

Incidentally I was on holiday in Purtugal some years ago and bumped into the Bushell, trying to find a parking space and mobile signal. I ignored the ****er. What a dirty rotter. ???

:lolol:

It's slightly worrying that Baker could end up employed by a music station. These days, I'm not sure I could take the amount of Hootie and the Blowfish he used to play on The Morning Edition.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's slightly worrying that Baker could end up employed by a music station. These days, I'm not sure I could take the amount of Hootie and the Blowfish he used to play on The Morning Edition.

Shhhh but....his musical taste is a bit shite. There, I said it :lolol:

I wonder what he'd make of this? ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7BApg_-cIw

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here