Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] *** Official Fridat Night Drinking Thread ***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Taking full advantage of Tesco’s 2 packs for 9 quid I’ve learnt heavily on 2 reliable stalwarts in Punk and Elvis from the Brewdog team to give my drinking a solid backbone. Still have high hopes of the relative newcomer in Quench Quake - a zesty grapefruit and tangerine sour though to get things underway at 4-00 pm.
The Vocation Life and Death is a real big plus to Tesco’s offer and at 6.5 abv this IPA has some proper clout and I will call on it at the correct time I hope.

So happy Fridat everyone......

Attachments

• 5EFBF20A-01F3-425B-852A-0CCEE5579C73.jpeg
    5EFBF20A-01F3-425B-852A-0CCEE5579C73.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 194

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Its 17.35 here in St.Petersburg, just managed to dodge a financial scam via my debit card, all sorted via email to Barclays, so having a glass of wine prior to several more tonight!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
That is a great deal from Tesco on some top ales. Hopefully the money saved will be going on some kitchen wall tiles that don't look like they came from some 1980s Spanish villa. (Great worktop though)

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
This Fridat I have raided the Wunt be Druv heights wine cellar and selected a bottle of U P - Ultimate Provence Rosé,the 2017,chilling nicely in the fridge to enjoy following a meal of grilled Sea Bream with Salt baked new potatoes and roasted mediterranean vegatabkes,might follow it with a glass or three of Sobrero VSOP.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Going to sink a few Proper Job's

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My son is playing for Abergavenny tonight, so it'll be Krone at the club I expect. I might pop to the bookies as well (Broken Promises 5.40 Wolves).

Good luck

:thumbsup:

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This Fridat I am drinking properly, at long, long last.

Just cracked open a chilled Jaipur. Then it'll be Jam Shed wine from Tesco. Cheap and can be filed firmly under what my wine connoisseur Step Dad would call “alcoholic Ribena” but it goes extraordinarily well with the burger I intend to make and consume and can be drunk on its own whilst watching, say, a frenetic and probably poor quality League Two playoff game.

Yes, I’m home alone tonight :lolol:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Taking full advantage of Tesco’s 2 packs for 9 quid I’ve learnt heavily on 2 reliable stalwarts in Punk and Elvis from the Brewdog team to give my drinking a solid backbone. Still have high hopes of the relative newcomer in Quench Quake - a zesty grapefruit and tangerine sour though to get things underway at 4-00 pm.
The Vocation Life and Death is a real big plus to Tesco’s offer and at 6.5 abv this IPA has some proper clout and I will call on it at the correct time I hope.

So happy Fridat everyone......

How strange, our choices are rather similar...except in my background, I don't have fantastically grouted and rather stylish tiling, instead I have my takeaway menu for the evening.

I'm just on the ICE cold Punk, and will rotate with Elvis next, and then the peachy Life & Death, ICE cold, naturally.

Happy Fridat EVERYONE!!!!!!! XX SEAGULLS XX

fridat-min.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How strange, our choices are rather similar...except in my background, I don't have fantastically grouted and rather stylish tiling, instead I have my takeaway menu for the evening.

I'm just on the ICE cold Punk, and will rotate with Elvis next, and then the peachy Life & Death, ICE cold, naturally.

Happy Fridat EVERYONE!!!!!!! XX SEAGULLS XX

View attachment 109370

That Life and Death is a smashing beer isn’t it. It’s dangerous though as it hides its 6.5 so well - easy to demolish a pack of them

Pickles

May 5, 2014
That Life and Death is a smashing beer isn’t it. It’s dangerous though as it hides its 6.5 so well - easy to demolish a pack of them

Life & Death is an incredible beer, it really is.

It's very friendly, with no initial wariness about it, except superb taste.

As you say, it hides the alcohol so well, and packs taste, and is a total credit to the new age of brewers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Life & Death is an incredible beer, it really is.

It's very friendly, with no initial wariness about it, except superb taste.

As you say, it hides the alcohol so well, and packs taste, and is a total credit to the new age of brewers.
Has to be ice cold though Pickles......... has to be ice cold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here