Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno to retire

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Wonder what the impact will be on the changing room. You lose a leader like Bruno and it takes some replacing. We sensed the tension this season, who will step up and lead this squad back together for next season? We will miss El Capitain badly.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not convinced of that. Bridge was (surprisingly) great for us over his 37 games, but its highly debatable whether he was actually a better player for us than Bruno during his brief spell here.

What did Bridge have that Bruno didn't that made him better ?

Not worth comparing. I would say Bridge was 8/10 all the time with a fair few 10s

Great memories of both.

Good reception Saturday. End of an era

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Was not mentally prepared for this today, this is some loss. Let's all give him the send off he deserves, on and off the pitch.

Me neither, but I'm really glad it has been announced BEFORE his last game, rather than afterwards.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wasn't sure if Vicente stayed long enough and played enough games to gain " Legend " status ?

I sort of get where you are coming from there tbh. Let's say Lopez and Vicente half legends then.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Love Bruno Wayne Bridge was better though.

Yep Bridge is right up there, although my lasting memory of him is when he switched off for Zaha's first goal in the play-off! So that taints his time with us quite a bit!

I'm sooo glad I decided to buy a ticket yesterday, it's gonna be emosh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here