Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno to retire

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If those Mancheshire people start singing and by that I mean anything at all it is your duty to completely destroy them with any song as long as it has the word Bruno incorporated within it, even givus a B.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Legend. Class. End of.

Remember seeing Bruno lying distraught on the pitch at end of the Massive one all draw home play off game … thinking the dream was lost

What does he do next … lead us to promotion and play two years in the PL .. if ever the phrase unbelievable inspiration was over used, its not here

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Anyone else in denial that this is happening?
Genuinely gutted to be saying goodbye to the man who has personified all that’s good about the Amex era

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The joint best technical player I've ever seen in the stripes, alongside Vicente. The man could trap a £1.99 plastic size 4 dead if it was dropped off a cliff in a gale.

Unlike Vicente the man beneath the beard continues to be a legend around town. The best advert for a modern professional footballer I could imagine and a credit to the team, the city and his family. This is not over the top, he's often seen around the parks of Brighton and East Sussex as his son is playing Sunday League over here and I don't know a parent who's met him who hasn't been charmed, despite all the attention on his day off.

His partnership with Knocky in the Championship was one of the major things that got us promoted and breaking it up accelerated our struggles. Bruno might be gettig on a bit now :)lolol:) and Knocky has certainly had his issues but look who we called on when we were desparate at the end of this season. Together they were telepathic.

I hope he starts and plays 90 mins on Sunday and we sing his name all day long. And, in many ways. I really hope we beat City, as improbable as that is. It's a shame that a probable leage title coronation is going to be the media focus when this giant of a man has earned the applause and appreciation of every single one of the home fans present.

I was sitting struggling to think of something to say, but this says it all.

Should we have a whip round?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This whole last era of The Albion story has had Bruno there as a bloody superb constant.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
could it be possible to sing only Bruno songs on sunday?

Good old Bruno by the sea...

da dada dada da da da.... WE LOVE BRUNO

El capitan... hes one of our own.

WEVE GOT BRUNO, CAPITAN BRUNO, I JUST DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND, HES BEEN HERE 7 YEARS. HE'S LEAVING US IN TEARS, WE'VE GOT CAPITAN BRUNOOOO.

BROOOOOOOONOOOH BROOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOH. (INSTEAD OF ALLLLBIIIAAAAAAAN, ALLLLBIIOOOOON)

GIVE ME A B...... GIVE ME AN R....

CAPI CAPITAAAANNN... CAPI CAPITANNNNNN. (INSTEAD OF SOLLY SOLLY MARCH)

ETC ETC

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gutted I can't make the match on Sunday now. I will be watching while at work so I fully expect to hear 90 minutes of non-stop singing for him.

Same. Really gutted to miss this match now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

WEVE GOT BRUNO, CAPITAN BRUNO, I JUST DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND, HES BEEN HERE 7 YEARS. HE'S LEAVING US IN TEARS, WE'VE GOT CAPITAN BRUNOOOO.

BROOOOOOOONOOOH BROOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOH. (INSTEAD OF ALLLLBIIIAAAAAAAN, ALLLLBIIOOOOON)

ETC ETC

Should sing La Bamba, changing "Soy capitan" to "Es capitan"

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Shame he seems ageless! Its great that he has been on the incredible ride with us and ended the season on a high. He's the ultimate professional too which all our youngsters could learn from (didn't he go to bed at 8pm or 9pm?). Hope we give him a great send off Sunday! :albion2:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

ETC ETC

Genius

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Only one t-shirt to wear on Sunday then.........

View attachment 109348

Want!

Such a shame one cannot buy these t's anymore!

His form has been brilliant recently so I'm very shocked. A brave man to go out on a high, most of us would hang on and hang on.

Most of my Albion heroes are cult heros (ie not very good really!). He's an exception, a player of true class and quality. Great to have watched him, particularly that Bruno-Knocky partnership. Thanks for the memories dude.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Feels a like bit like when my nan died recently. You knew it was coming but still...

**** the man city title celebrations, post match needs to be all about Bruno. The clubs not going to be the same again.

Man. City celebrations? Surely the only fitting send off for the great man is a 3-1 win for the Albion, with the hero of the hour subbed off on 88 minutes, just after scoring the third and final goal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here