Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno to retire

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
We will give him a great send off on Sunday.

Still no better partnership on the right for us than Bruno and Knocky imo

D

Deleted member 2719

Thought this was a high probability, but i erased it from my mind.

He is without doubt an Albion legend for life, please comback and manage us one day.

He is probably one of the only people that all Albion fans can be #together about.

Enjoy your time off el capital.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::ascarf:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I trust the government will be announcing a period of official national mourning for the career of the joint greatest living Catalonian.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Absolutely gutted. Was the mural a 'Picture of Dorian Gray' that had allowed him to continue agelessly?

Thanks for being the most technically gifted defender I've seen in an Albion shirt. Thanks for your decency, commitment and determination.

It just won't be the same without you.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The best right back I have seen play for the Albion.

A simply great man off the pitch as well.

A few seasons back we stayed in the same hotel as the players at Newcastle and we were hanging around reception with our Brighton scarfs on, and a few players appeared and shuffled off with their headphones on. Bruno turned up and warmly walked towards to us, asked us how we were and chatted like he cared for some time. Different gravy. You can't nurture that. He has something very special.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Oh man I am gutted by this news

I have bloody loved watching him play for us, still an incredible player.

I will sing his name for 90 mins on sunday

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A shame, but inevitable really. Consistently very good over the past seven years and always oozing class, he makes it look easy.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The definition of club legend, been a model professional and a fantastic servant and I hope he decides to stay on at the club in some capacity or another, our youngsters would learn so much from him.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm gutted because I loved him, but retiring after leading Albion out in his final game at The Amex, at home to Manchester City with us safe in The Premier League for another year, in front of a worldwide TV audience of millions - that's not a bad way to sign off on your own terms.

The post match lap of appreciation on Sunday takes on new significance and emotion now - I do hope everyone stays for it.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
This is sad
I told my daughter to savour the time after Knockaert came on last Sunday. The understanding him and Bruno had has been poetry in motion.

I'm more than 10 years younger than Bruno but I still look up to him as a role model. Epitomises everything what I want the club to be.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He is going to be so difficult to replace. It's no coincidence that our change of attitude and performance changed the moment he was back in the team.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let’s make Sunday all about Bruno, not Man City and the title.

A win please lads and massively loud renditions of OLE OLE OLE throughout the game

D

Deleted member 2719

The post match lap of appreciation on Sunday after the game takes on new significance and emotion now - I do hope everyone stays for it.

I hope so too, but no doubt 20% will be off as quick as possible to get a tickets for Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I am absolutely devastated. I feel he's the main reason we got those 3 points of late. Still our best right back. What a player. What a man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here