Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno to retire

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I didn't notice it at the game on Sunday but watching it on TV later I noticed late in the second half when Arsenal broke from their penalty area the player who ran almost the length of the pitch and was pretty much first back in our penalty area defending was Bruno. Will miss him on the pitch and it would be fantastic for him to get a job within the club, for life. Hopefully the NSK lot are getting a massive banner ready for him.

I noticed him running back during the game and thought ‘what an engine that man has’. He is an Albion legend.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Wife was in tears at the news. Great footballer and top bloke, people like him don’t come around that often. Happy retirement and all the best for whatever you do in the future Bruno.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When we signed him, seemingly a 32 year old seeing out his career by dropping down a level, did anyone imagine we’d see 7 seasons of absolute genius, commitment, love, passion and complete embodiment of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club? Legend is a word easily used at times, not here though. On and off the field, he is truly a Brighton Legend. El Capitan. The tears will flow.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Still can't believe this sad news even though i've had a day to come to terms with it, i thought he had at least a season left in him. Just hoping that the club can find a role for him, he'd be great in player liaison or perhaps coaching.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I don't give a shit what you lot think, I liked him. :cry:

Completely agree - despite all the stereotypical NSC negativity on this subject, I thought he was actually pretty good...

Like so many others, I'll miss your determination, silky skills, leadership, and total class - good luck in the next phase, El Capitan

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
All stupidly hypothetical but...

In the Premier League IF we could have seen a (1) flying, fleet-footed Peter Ward, (2) Bobby Zamora at his elegant, devastating best (3) Vicente in his prime and EL Capitan Bruno at 25 to lead the whole shebang...

We're so lucky we've had the Catalan King in his thirties. Definitely one of the best Footballers I've ever seen play for my club.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
All stupidly hypothetical but...

In the Premier League IF we could have seen a (1) flying, fleet-footed Peter Ward, (2) Bobby Zamora at his elegant, devastating best (3) Vicente in his prime and EL Capitan Bruno at 25 to lead the whole shebang...

We're so lucky we've had the Catalan King in his thirties. Definitely one of the best Footballers I've ever seen play for my club.
But Ward effectively failed when he went to Forest, and Zamora hardly sent the premier league alight when he played in it. Vicente would have been injured.

What about Martin Chivers and Frank Stapleton in their prime? Or Frank Worthington, Wayne Bridge, Matt Upson etc etc etc?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But Ward effectively failed when he went to Forest, and Zamora hardly sent the premier league alight when he played in it. Vicente would have been injured.

What about Martin Chivers and Frank Stapleton in their prime? Or Frank Worthington, Wayne Bridge, Matt Upson etc etc etc?

Bobby Smith in his prime.

...Or John Crumplin :)

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
As if missing the game wasn't bad enough as it is, gutted. Class both on and off the pitch, possesses everything a role model should possess in abundance, top man.
Will be singing "BRUNOOOOOO, BRUNOOOOOO" at work, not that it will mean anything to anyone else, and the great man wont either, but will help make me feel a bit better :bowdown:

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
As if missing the game wasn't bad enough as it is, gutted. Class both on and off the pitch, possesses everything a role model should possess in abundance, top man.
Will be singing "BRUNOOOOOO, BRUNOOOOOO" at work, not that it will mean anything to anyone else, and the great man wont either, but will help make me feel a bit better :bowdown:

Great man wont hear it either :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here