Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno to retire

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A great servant for the club, community and a fan favourite who willed be missed.
Always a legend I'm my eyes :bowdown:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
One of our very best.

I will never forget a Sheffield Wednesday evening game in his first season with us. He was magnificent, skill and technique I had hardly ever witnessed from an Albion player before.

Last edited:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Absolute legend...as Mata clearly also thinks about his chum, as this picture from the manchestereveningnews.co.uk website shows:
0_JS179173786-1.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If any footballer wants to prolong their career, study this man and his lifestyle. Object lesson in looking after yourself and managing your body. Remarkable man and the embodiment of the word ' legend ' Nothing lasts forever but this genuinely does feel like the end of an era. If he plays, it will be his 585th game of professional football and 225th in the blue and white stripes.
Farewell Bruno Saltor Grau, our trusted friend and hero and thanks for helping this club to where it is today. Excuse us our heavy hearts and misty eyes on Sunday but blokes like you don't come around very often and you will be sorely missed.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I honestly don't think I have ever felt quite so saddened at a player's retirement.

The word legend has been bandied about with... er... abandon but how else to describe him? Bruno is one of those players we'll still be getting misty eyed over, decades from now in our frail dotage.

Absolutely gutted I can't be there on Sunday. I'm sure he'll be in safe hands though and will receive an epic send off.

:cry:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sad I am missing the send off

Excellent servant and class person all round

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's quite unusual for an Albion player to retire whilst still at the club isn't it?

Maybe we should adopt other clubs and sports retiring of shirt numbers-starting Sunday?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Haven't read through the thread, but I was reliably told by someone on the coaching staff two years ago, that Bruno is regarded as the best technically gifted player at the club.:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

This news has saddened me and I liken it to the day when Liam Brady left us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He WILL be playing on Sunday won’t he? :smile:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of the most important signings the club has ever made.

I remember watching Bruno doing an end of season lap of honour 3 years ago - aged 35 - thinking what a shame it was he'd probably never get to play in the Prem with the Albion. It's incredible to think he's now played 2 seasons in the top flight and done himself proud.

The guy is an absolute legend, and he bows out at the top.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
One of the most important signings the club has ever made.

I remember watching Bruno doing an end of season lap of honour 3 years ago - aged 35 - thinking what a shame it was he'd probably never get to play in the Prem with the Albion. It's incredible to think he's now played 2 seasons in the top flight and done himself proud.

The guy is an absolute legend, and he bows out at the top.

This , he has been written off twice but still delivers. Really think the club need to think this through and review depending who they get in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here