Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europe and Champions League Final free to watch

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What an awful game. A yawnfest from start to finish; and not a particularly good advertisement for Premier League football.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One thing you can guarantee is that there'll be Liverpool shirts everywhere in Brighton (and every town/city) today on people who would struggle to point to Liverpool on a map

They just love a club and its football.

At school in the 70’s and early 80’s, there were loads of kids with ManU, Leeds, Liverpool bags, with the occasional London club bag. Many people simply have zero interest in their local club. I assume that wall to wall Sky hype has made this a bigger phenomena. A couple of Brighton born n bred Arsenal supporters told me they simply can’t warm to the Albion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You are such a ****. Of course they travel without tickets, as do fans of all the big clubs. You have an agenda against Liverpool-we all know that. We didn't hear a peep from you about the thousands of City fans who traveled to Brighton without tickets. Just a reminder: The Taylor Report and Two Public Enquiries placed no blame on Liverpool fans. Time you accepted that.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

The publicity machine of the independent Judiciary.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just heard Liverpool supporters in Madrid on BBC being interviewed, not a single Scouse accent...

I slept through most of the game.
But for the bits that I did manage to open an eye for I was pleasantly surprised and encouraged by just how multicultural the Liverpool fans looked.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I slept through most of the game.
But for the bits that I did manage to open an eye for I was pleasantly surprised and encouraged by just how multicultural the Liverpool fans looked.

I find it very hypocritical of Brighton fans having digs at the top clubs and their fanbases. We are quite happy to see fans from around the world adopting The Albion in small but growing numbers. The Albion didn't even register on the radar of English fans until The Amex. The big clubs have been big clubs for decades-they're bound to appeal to 'fans' around the world.

We would love to have their 'fan' bases, the reality is that our club is not going to grow to that level. Ever. As much as we'd love it to happen, it won't. Look at Leicester-Thai owned, their shirts on sale everywhere in Thai airports. Who do Thais 'support'? Our big clubs, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Bayern, etc.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You are such a ****. Of course they travel without tickets, as do fans of all the big clubs. You have an agenda against Liverpool-we all know that. We didn't hear a peep from you about the thousands of City fans who traveled to Brighton without tickets. Just a reminder: The Taylor Report and Two Public Enquiries placed no blame on Liverpool fans. Time you accepted that.

Got you a pearler fella! Turned up on cue as expected.

Correct, I have an agenda, an agenda of enlightening those who are unaware that Liverpool fans have been doing this for years, regularly. So to believe that for one game at the back end of the eighties they changed their modus operandi is frankly ridiculous. Official report findings or not.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I find it very hypocritical of Brighton fans having digs at the top clubs and their fanbases. We are quite happy to see fans from around the world adopting The Albion in small but growing numbers. The Albion didn't even register on the radar of English fans until The Amex. The big clubs have been big clubs for decades-they're bound to appeal to 'fans' around the world.

Hardly the same thing by any stretch though is it? They're out and out glory hunters (i.e. wankers). Anyone 'adopting' us are going for the niche end of the market. It's like comparing choosing to follow a band like U2 over following The Fall. I hate the entitlement of both genuine and plastic fans of the top 6 clubs and so am happy that Spurs didn't win the CL, not that it makes Liverpool's win any more palatable.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Living in a predominantly Spurs supporting area I have certainly experienced this arrogance but also total ignorance and dis-interest in anything that doesn’t relate to them. They had been vaguely aware that Hughton was connected with us but now we will slip off their radar completely. Needless to say I enjoyed the result last night although I did fall asleep for a large part of the 2nd half.
Quite a few Arsenal fans round here as well and generally they seem better informed.

Weird isn't it? In my experience I've always found Spurs fans the most entitled and utterly ignorant and dismissive of anything outside of the top six bubble, Arsenal fans much less so. Here's hoping Pochettino gets his dream move to Real, and the wheels come off big time.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They just love a club and its football.

At school in the 70’s and early 80’s, there were loads of kids with ManU, Leeds, Liverpool bags, with the occasional London club bag. Many people simply have zero interest in their local club. I assume that wall to wall Sky hype has made this a bigger phenomena. A couple of Brighton born n bred Arsenal supporters told me they simply can’t warm to the Albion.

Yeah, you're right really. As i said in a different post, each to their own, and I do understand it, but I'm just glad I can proudly say that I support my local team :)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

We would love to have their 'fan' bases, the reality is that our club is not going to grow to that level. Ever. As much as we'd love it to happen, it won't. Look at Leicester-Thai owned, their shirts on sale everywhere in Thai airports. Who do Thais 'support'? Our big clubs, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Bayern, etc.

You know what, you must be the fan that those on the Palace forum refer to as having Brighton as their second club. Bet you drink in the King & Queen on occasion too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Would we ?

I've always supported the Albion and always will. I couldn't give a flying fvck at a rolling donut if some fat brainwashed asian in Kuala Lumpur with a cable TV subscription and a replica shirt declares that he's a "fan" of BHA. They can crack on. It affects me not a jot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would we ?

I've always supported the Albion and always will. I couldn't give a flying fvck at a rolling donut if some fat brainwashed asian in Kuala Lumpur with a cable TV subscription and a replica shirt declares that he's a "fan" of BHA. They can crack on. It affects me not a jot.

‘We’ wouldn’t (I couldn’t care less either) but Barber would.......$$$$$$$$

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What an awful game. A yawnfest from start to finish; and not a particularly good advertisement for Premier League football.

Given the 3 week break from the end of the PL season, the CL final seemed like a pre-season friendly where every player is off the pace and the match passing sharpness has yet to return.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I find it very hypocritical of Brighton fans having digs at the top clubs and their fanbases. We are quite happy to see fans from around the world adopting The Albion in small but growing numbers. The Albion didn't even register on the radar of English plastic fans until The Amex. The big clubs have been big clubs for decades-they're bound to appeal to 'fans' around the world.

Depends what “fans” you are referring to. Anyway in my experience all English fans I came across knew of the Albion before the Amex era so I have added my twist on your narrative

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder how many tickets assigned by Liverpool to loyal season ticket holders got onto the black market.

liverpool-tix.png

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Depends what “fans” you are referring to. Anyway in my experience all English fans I came across knew of the Albion before the Amex era so I have added my twist on your narrative

Got it in one. Personally whilst I am happy to be amused by the antics of the New York bloke on twitter and a few tourists once in a while, I don't want us to develop a plastic fanbase who pretend to follow the club simply as we somehow caught their eye due to being in the premier league.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Anyone want to buy a Blackburn Rovers home shirt, 1994/95 season, only worn it twice. £7.99 plus p&p or will trade for 2018/19 Liverpool home shirt. PMs only please. Can deliver/pick up anywhere in Sussex.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Any player who does a scarecrow impression in the penalty area is asking for trouble, Mane knew exactly what he was doing, very cute and definitely a pen.

It was a stonewall pen under UEFA rules.

Trippier was shit as normal and Sissoko sticking his arm out like that in the box - madness.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It was a stonewall pen under UEFA rules.

Trippier was shit as normal and Sissoko sticking his arm out like that in the box - madness.

Can’t argue with any of that, Spurs were poor for all their huffing and puffing. Liverpool weren’t much better but deserved it. Uninspiring final and certainly won’t stay in the memory long. Spurs are a well run club but definitely need a freshen up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here