Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Goldstone Subbuteo Stadium

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I think what would significantly add to the realism of this model stadium would be if you could have miniature supporters in there. Maybe Airfix could produce some - a bit like those small plastic soldiers they made - so that we could re-enact the terrace battles against Palace etc? You could further enhance the experience with model policemen, a couple of police dogs and the bloke who carried the lottery board around the pitch at half time?

Subbuteo sold fans, police, stretcher bearers and others.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You’re clearly all very young, as I remember Subbuteo players that were a flat bit of plastic, that you slotted into the base, a lot easier to store and meant you only needed two sets of bases...

Fast forwarding to the three dimensional players, I remember having an Everton team, with one player (Alan Ball) wearing white boots - Ball was one of first players to wear coloured boots and Subbuteo incorporatesd this into the Everton team for a while.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone bought the new set of BHA Women's team players?

sub.JPG

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Exactly this. I still have a little book with all the results written down. When I was 11 I was a Leeds fan, and my middle brother Chelsea (he still is) so I always roped him in to play Chelsea so I (Leeds) could win. I've been trying to stack the odds in my favour ever since.

Oh, and Freddy Starr was a **** even back then.

You were a Leeds fan !!!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

When I was 11 I supported Aston Villa. I went off them after they won the league. Supporting successful teams is such a drag. I've supported Albion ever since. If we do too well I may have to look at it again.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You’re clearly all very young, as I remember Subbuteo players that were a flat bit of plastic, that you slotted into the base, a lot easier to store and meant you only needed two sets of bases...

Fast forwarding to the three dimensional players, I remember having an Everton team, with one player (Alan Ball) wearing white boots - Ball was one of first players to wear coloured boots and Subbuteo incorporatesd this into the Everton team for a while.

Yep l'm old enough to remember that too. Did Alan Ball's Subbuteo double have ginger hair too?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
For pure asymmetrical lunacy, you can't beat Brunton Park. What the hell is going on there?

View attachment 114281

That was done by Michael Knighton, the fella that was supposed to be taking over Man Utd and then couldn't afford it.

He was going to make Brunton Park into a big all seater stadium and was going to turn the pitch round 90 degrees and that stand was supposed to be behind one of the goals but thats as far as it all got

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sprake Cooper Reaney Hunter Charlton Giles Bremner Lorimer Clarke Grey Jones

Sub Madeley*

No. Leeds? Never heard of them.

*That took me 35 seconds to type, while chatting with Mrs T :rolleyes::lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sold my sub but do to Dave the gaffer about 15 years ago, but still have BHA, one original and an 80's hand painted super team.

Seem to remember they were number 51.

el punal

I had a Subbuteo set during the 1960s. In those days the Albion played in blue shirts with white sleeves, white shorts, white socks, so it was easy to paint using the little Humbrol paint pots. My other set was painted in Man Utd colours. Strange that the Albion always used to beat United en route to another FA Cup Final at Wembley!

The pitch was a piece of green felt with the lines painted on using good old Humbrol again. The highlight was a grandstand built with Lego bricks that ran down one side of the pitch. Floodlights for evening matches was provided by a Pifco multi-purpose free standing torch that would dazzle the opposition goalie. Marvellous!

P.S. Weren’t the goalies made so that they were doing a swallow dive, complete with a guiding plastic stick coming out of their arse?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here